2014 bikes

I can't with student loans. And I refuse to finance dirtbikes. Hell I refuse to finance vehicles! It's a waste of money. I'll be ok by the time I'm running +40. But then again ill bet the bikes will be 20 grand by then.

I unfortunately get over focused on this but one nagging brain bud that never goes away is the question of rather or not your putting away enough for your retirement. When you hit your 40's it becomes a little more real to you. On the tape measure of life, the games half over. :)

Jody Weisel of MXaction magazine has written numerous times in the mag about the growing un-afffordability of racing, the future of the sport, and what and who are the driving forces behind it all.

7 to 10 grand for a new bike is absurd. My family members are stunned at the money I blow and have wrapped up on my old junk bikes that I can't seem to be able to let go of, speak nothing of racing and travel costs.

Funny, I'll drive around with a bed full of bikes that cost many times and worth more than my truck. (quite pathetic really:) )

Crute.........you mean Suzuki has to offer "0%" forever financing on them things to get people to buy them? No wonder so many people are getting the yellow bikes! Nah, they really have tripled their sales because of Bubba, that is what it is for sure.

Anytime they offer 12 months same as cash its awesome, just make sure its paid off prior to running over the 12 months or the interest goes back to the very first month!

Crute.........you mean Suzuki has to offer "0%" forever financing on them things to get people to buy them? No wonder so many people are getting the yellow bikes! Nah, they really have tripled their sales because of Bubba, that is what it is for sure.

Anytime they offer 12 months same as cash its awesome, just make sure its paid off prior to running over the 12 months or the interest goes back to the very first month!

This isn't 12 mo same as cash its just 0% up to like 5 years I think. They only let me go 3 years, because I was financing a lower amount, which is fine, longer than I plan to own the bike anyhow.

But yeah, seen a lot of people get burned that way, 0% then it jumps up to like 18 or something ridiculous!!

I remember my first bikes I financed. 2 brand new 06's... I think I was somewhere around 20%. Little did I know my credit was SHOT (not my fault. same name as dad. lot of parents "mistakes" well call them, on my credit report at the time. since then been fixed)... so I got scrwed on the first few loans I ever got. My first street bike included, and my truck. I didnt care I was just happy to get loans but didnt understand why I got such crappy rates, just figured it was because i was young!!!

Well Im glad to see a majority agree bike prices are getting way out of control these days. Ive had my 06 yz250f since 06. PDR put in numerous top ends,bearing kits, a new crank, and new valves. Never once has it let me down. I payed 3500 for it in 06! I debated selling it in 08 but prices were just getting beat down. I rolled the dice, kept it well maintained and at this point I could really care less if it blows up. I got my time out of the bike, and its still in great shape. Maybe I was just lucky but I think if well maintained, a 4 stroke will last long. I guess I understand the fears, but I think they are way overblown if you actually abide by the maintenance. It would be nice to buy a new one...but I would never in my life pay more than 5k for a spanking new bike. I just cant justify it.

You should see the bike I just bought for 5K.....it was a smoking deal. 9 hours on it, and it has $3500 in extras on it, looks brand new.

450 2.jpg450 1.jpg

2010. 9 hours, with a ton of things on it. I really got a great deal.

New pre-print back grounds on order.

they are too expensive. For 20 years I bought a new bike every year. I could take a 250 2 stroke I rode for 1 season, hand it to the dealer (my bikes were always in excellent cond.) with any where from $800 to 1100 and walk out the door with a new bike every year. My son started racing in 2007, and since that time, he has had 7 bikes, and I was still on my 2007. This year, he did not need a bike, so I got a bike.......but was not going to pay what a 2013 would cost me. In my opinion, it was not worth it at this point in my life. Takes more money to race, and everything is more expensive.

Manufactures are pricing bike to where a teenager or someone young out of school is having to finance a bike 4 and even 5 years to buy one. That is CRAZY to do on a dirt bike........but people do it! Any young guys out here reading this, NEVER finance a dirt bike over two years. If you have to go more than that, you need a cheaper bike.

What do the dealers and bike shops say on this? Your a perfect example of what we have evolved to. Over 20 years, you purchased 20 new bikes. But now you've been riding the same machine for last 5 years and now your purchase is new-gently-used.

The dealerships have to be feeling this. Bike imports have to be down as well as a result, right?

Of course any racer in a position to purchase new bike leans toward whatever bike may give him an edge over his competition but what are your thoughts on the costs of new 2 strokes, particularly with the most current design such as KTM's 250SX? Still too expensive?

Nice bike John. I'll give you $2,338 for it.

Nq: I put 11% of my check into retirement. They match 6%. Wish I could do more.

Yes, I got all the stock parts with it, along with brand new stand sitting under it, 5 new oil filters, 2 new air filter, 2 gallons of maxima oil. He cleaned his garage out to me. It was too good of a deal to pass up, and the thing has not been ridden.

Here's a list of what the guy put on it.
ASV brake away levers
Moto radiator hoses
Brand new never ridden Renthal chain and sprockets
Ride Engineering 20mm off set (this is the fix) top and bottom triple clamps
Works Connection radiator braces
Ride engineering shock linkage (the other end for the handling fix)
Factory FX front and rear reservoir caps
Hammer head Axel blocks
Hammer Head Break lever pedal
hammer Head gear shifter
Cycra power flow plastic
Boyesen high flow water pump and impeller
Maxima oil cover
Acerbis full skid plate
Race Tech spring and suspension (set up for same weight at me, how lucky. Guy was my weight, will see how it works)
2011 Clutch Actuating arm
DR D full exhaust system

The bike was rode 1 time last year. With the little $$ I had to add to it from what I sold my 2007 for, it was too good of a deal in my opinion to pass up. The nice thing also, is the engine has never been cracked into for anything. So I liked that.

He even gave me a smoking deal on a tricked out Pitster Pro X4, if I took both bikes. Tossed in extra parts for it, and stands as well. I was not going to buy it, but grandma said to get it for grandpa (lol, the grand kids)

My Dad used to always say the same thing. The last 2 0% for XX months credit cards I had I called and asked the reps if I was going to be charged back interest when my 0% period expired.. they both told me that was not the case, the higher interest rate only applied to the remaining balance and I was not going to be charged for any back interest.

Point is I don't think that's a set in stone rule and varies from lender to lender.

Yes, the remaining balance, but the interest on that "remaining" balance does not start on month 13, but goes back and starts on month 1.

Yes, the remaining balance, but the interest on that "remaining" balance does not start on month 13, but goes back and starts on month 1.

No.. remaining balance from the time the 0% offer expires forward. Not paying any back interest at all.

Meister I have read about that kit, and probably worth the $149. The way he set this up though, is the linkage in the rear (ride engineering) to lower the back, and the Ride Engineering 20 mm offset triple clamps is supposed to accomplish the same goal as moving the motor just a bit. The triple clamps are a $439 fix, and moving the motor is a $149 fix, but both are supposed to do the same thing. So I think the guy I got it from did some research to fix the handling issues. I just need to ride it and see how it works for me.

Crute........think I am going to keep the pitster for now, but that is what I thought, if I wanted to sell it, I would probably make money on it. The guy made me a awesome deal to take it too, and it is tricked out too. Even has a big bore kit in it.

Back