Posting Guidelines

Admin

Group Admin User
Staff member
Track Owners:

All track owners are encouraged to post your open practice dates and times here. It's easy and it's free. For better results please include important weather information, camping, gate times, track conditions, costs and other information pertaining to your practice. Please be honest about track conditions. You'll gain the rider's trust in the long run. Keep an eye on your thread for questions a rider may have. Come back and check for feedback after your practice. Many businesses have a huge budget for market research for what you get on here for free. Sometimes it isn't what you want to hear. Let's face it. These guys are brutally honest on here sometimes. However tracks that listen and adapt also get in return just as much positive feedback. PitRacer doesn't have employees so we can't monitor each and every post every second, but we do have a team of volunteers that monitor the threads and can take quick action against the occasional flamer.

It may seem redundant because all of this information is on your Facebook page or your website but think about it for a second. It may take 3 minutes of your time to post on PitRacer. If you get one additional person for that 3 minutes of work that's $75/hr you're earning. If you happen to get 10 additional riders for 3 minutes of work that's $750/hr. Not to mention all the phone calls you didn't have to answer.

Pre-post setup:

1. Track Guide - Is your information current in our Track Guide. If you're not listed you should create a listing. If you are listed you're existing login should have permissions to edit this listing. A simple Go-Pro video can replace 10,000 words but be sure to at least include basic information such as your website, address, email address and phone number. You can PM the Admin account or email support @ pitracer.com (no spaces) for assistance with your Track Guide listing.
  2. Signature - Your posts should have a signature that includes your website, facebook page, track guide page or wherever you're storing your basic information so you don't have to give directions every time you post. To edit your signature select "Settings" in the upper right corner then select "Edit Signature".
  3. Username - Change your username from Greg to Greg@TheTrack or TheTrack so riders know who they're communicating with. You can PM the Admin account or email support @ pitracer.com (no spaces) to change your username.
  4. Avatar - Change your avatar to your track logo. To edit your Avatar select "Settings" in the upper right corner then select "Edit Avatar".

Posting Your Practice:

Post your practice from the practice forum. The select Thread Tools > Calendar Add and select the practice date. This will add your practice to the calendar and it will automatically link to the thread you just created.
capture0.jpg

When your event is linked to the calendar you'll get additional exposure the day of your event at the top of the forums:
capture.jpg

Riders:

Riders may also post this information on behalf of tracks. Please include the source of your information. When responding to practice days please be as constructive as possible. Support your local track so your local track can stay open for you. This means volunteering your time. This means promoting and attending their practices. Thank the owner for opening the gate. Tell him what you like about the track. Ask him how you can help improve things. It's extremely difficult and expensive to provide you a place to ride. If your plan was to get on here and warn everyone about a place then you should be prepared to fill in the gap when they disappear. This includes buying 50 acres, a tractor, a water truck, and a dozer and donating about 60 hrs/wk of your spare time. Having a place to ride is a privilege. Just ask anyone who has to drive 2+ hours to ride. Let's protect these limited resources.

Last edited by a moderator:
Track Posting Guideline request!

Please DATE THE SUBJECT LINE. It blows to jump on pit racer to look at track postings and see MAGIC MOUNTAIN open for practice this weekend! I do not get on here everyday, sometimes just once a week. It would be nice to jump into the open practice section and see the tracks and the dates that they are open or cancelled. For the most part, everyone does a good job, however, looking down thru the list there are some tracks that could use some encouragement.

Posting

I had a thought that may benefit the riders when looking for a place to practice on any given day. What about a calander where tracks could list their practice time under a particular date. That way your practice listing does not get too buried and people don't see it.This way a rider can clearly see what options they have for riding on any given day. Just my two cents..:D

We've had a calendar on here for 2 years now (http://www.pitracer.com/vbulletin/calendar.php). Nobody uses it but everyone has permissions to use it at will. You're able to add recurring events too so a track that has practice every Tuesday for example can post once for the whole year. However to bring in riders it's really important to promote and provide up-to-date information each week.

There’s even a “reminder” button (off to the right) that you can select to popup the Events that you’re interested in.
Very, very cool feature …..
A clock shows up on the date after you’ve tagged an event for “reminder”
……..snazzy!

We'll give the calendar another try. Thanks for the suggestion. We're always looking for ways to improve PR.

I added a calendar link to the main nav above along with an Upcoming Events block to the right. Track owners feel free to promote your events on the calendar too, especially your recurring ones. It's just too easy. We'll keep an eye on this to see if it's useful.

Im having an issue posting on an event. I wanted to add a weather update on a reoccurring event (Wednesday night practice) but it won't let me, is this the downfall to reoccurring events? I made a new post but I don't want to swamp your forum with Smith road practice posts..

Christy, you didn't have a recurring event. I updated your event so it's now recurring every Wednesday from May 22 - Oct 16. You shouldn't have to update this event again this year. To post updates to a specific Wednesday practice such as a weather update or cancellation or to just bump it up to the top find your forum thread and just reply to it. Here's the URL for your convenience:

http://www.pitracer.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?9528-Smith-Road-Wednesdays-4-dark#1

Thanks for your patience with this new calendar.

Back