Action Sports Opener April 13!

ActionSports

PR Addict
The green flag is about to drop at the first round of the 2013 Action Sports Grand Prix Series this Saturday April 13 at the Action Sports Moto-Park in Athens, Ohio.

We have made a few changes and improvements for 2013. We are AMA sanctioned again this year. All riders must be current AMA members in order to compete. AMA memberships are $49 and can be purchased at rider registration. We will also be using a transponder scoring system this season from Event Scoring Systems. Each rider must make a one time $10 purchase of a transponder. The transponders are about 5 X 1 inch in size and have an adhesive backing. The transponder sticks to the bottom of the rider’s helmet visor. The transponders are good for as long as they remain un damaged. We have also added and new section of track that we have only used previously for the Team Harescramble Championship. This ½ mile section has been groomed like the rest of the course.

You now have the option to reserve your number for the entire year. Numbers 1-25 are reserved for A class riders. Just email Kyle at kw@actionsportsracing.com with your name and preferred number. Add a second or third option just in case.

This year a rider must compete in a minimum of 6 events to be eligible for year end awards, and the best 6 scores count toward the championship. Riders will compete for the number 1 plate and contingency awards from our sponsors to the top 3 riders in each class.

2012 saw the largest rider and spectator attendance so far, and we are excited for even more riders to try their hand at some of the most fun on two wheels. Many riders have told us that they have never had more fun on a bike than they have at our GP’s.

We take a great deal of pride in our track prep and we will continue to provide you with the best track we can at each and every event.

We will hold a motorcycle open practice on Sunday April 14th from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. for vintage, post vintage and modern motorcycle and mini bike riders to prepare for the opening round of the 2013 AMA Vintage National Motocross and Harescramble Championship Series at Action Sports on May 4th and 5th. This will be the only chance to ride on this true natural terrain old school style motocross track unless you are racing the Vintage National. Remember we will be running modern and mini motorcycle classes both days at the vintage event as well.

We would like to invite our Huntington arenacross riders to join us this season and to try their hand at something a little different, we’re sure you’ll have fun.

Make sure to join the Action Sports mailing list, like us on facebook at Action Sports Promotions and follow on twitter @ActionSportsMX for the latest race updates and info.

For more information on the 2013 Action Sports Grand Prix season, the AMA Vintage National Championship Series, or the 29th annual Team Harescramble Championship of the World go to www.ActionSportsRacing.com.

The 2013 Action Sports GP series has been selected to be a featured AMA series for 2013.

Thank you,
Drew, Kyle and Ryan Wolfe
Action Sports Promotions, Inc.
P.O. Box 488 -10700 Salem Road
Athens, OH 45701
Phone and Fax: 740-594-6686
Mobile: 740-591-7223
dw@ActionSportsRacing.com
www.ActionSportsRacing.com

For the May 4th and 5th AMA vintage race I cannot find any info or link for pre-entry?

How do we go about this and is there a cut off date?

Thanks

The green flag is about to drop at the first round of the 2013 Action Sports Grand Prix Series this Saturday April 13 at the Action Sports Moto-Park in Athens, Ohio.

We have made a few changes and improvements for 2013. We are AMA sanctioned again this year. All riders must be current AMA members in order to compete. AMA memberships are $49 and can be purchased at rider registration. We will also be using a transponder scoring system this season from Event Scoring Systems. Each rider must make a one time $10 purchase of a transponder. The transponders are about 5 X 1 inch in size and have an adhesive backing. The transponder sticks to the bottom of the rider’s helmet visor. The transponders are good for as long as they remain un damaged. We have also added and new section of track that we have only used previously for the Team Harescramble Championship. This ½ mile section has been groomed like the rest of the course.

You now have the option to reserve your number for the entire year. Numbers 1-25 are reserved for A class riders. Just email Kyle atkw@actionsportsracing.com with your name and preferred number. Add a second or third option just in case.

This year a rider must compete in a minimum of 6 events to be eligible for year end awards, and the best 6 scores count toward the championship. Riders will compete for the number 1 plate and contingency awards from our sponsors to the top 3 riders in each class.

2012 saw the largest rider and spectator attendance so far, and we are excited for even more riders to try their hand at some of the most fun on two wheels. Many riders have told us that they have never had more fun on a bike than they have at our GP’s.

We take a great deal of pride in our track prep and we will continue to provide you with the best track we can at each and every event.

We will hold a motorcycle open practice on Sunday April 14th from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. for vintage, post vintage and modern motorcycle and mini bike riders to prepare for the opening round of the 2013 AMA Vintage National Motocross and Harescramble Championship Series at Action Sports on May 4th and 5th. This will be the only chance to ride on this true natural terrain old school style motocross track unless you are racing the Vintage National. Remember we will be running modern and mini motorcycle classes both days at the vintage event as well.

We would like to invite our Huntington arenacross riders to join us this season and to try their hand at something a little different, we’re sure you’ll have fun.

Make sure to join the Action Sports mailing list, like us on facebook at Action Sports Promotions and follow on twitter @ActionSportsMX for the latest race updates and info.

For more information on the 2013 Action Sports Grand Prix season, the AMA Vintage National Championship Series, or the 29th annual Team Harescramble Championship of the World go to www.ActionSportsRacing.com.

The 2013 Action Sports GP series has been selected to be a featured AMA series for 2013.

Thank you,
Drew, Kyle and Ryan Wolfe
Action Sports Promotions, Inc.
P.O. Box 488 -10700 Salem Road
Athens, OH 45701
Phone and Fax: 740-594-6686
Mobile: 740-591-7223
dw@ActionSportsRacing.com
www.ActionSportsRacing.com

It's been a long winter, been cooped up for too many cold days.
Had concerns about not having rode any at all this year, and then our first 2013 ride is from the truck to the starting line of a GP race.

Will I be ready?
Will I crash in the first turn?
Will I be able to hang and go the distance?
Have I lost all my speed?
Will this be a mistake?

After Kyle threw that flag, all of the sudden all of those thoughts disappeared. There was an obnoxious 27 year old racer on the line who's whole purpose in life that morning was to see just how bad he can make the old man look today. (my son :) )

An hour later we were standing beside the truck, bikes completely unrecognizable and the two of us with muddy smiles ear to ear.

First wave, us in the Decade class, was a grueling muddy race that refuses to be forgotten and a challenge to make you respect and appreciate the warmer dry days of summer racing.
3:00 Vet class race brought us a track that was fast, clear, and more manageable. And probably the most ideal conditions for a GP race.

Good conversations with old friends and a smile and handshake from those parked next to us makes it even more enjoyable. The wife enjoyed the competitive racing and was quite enthusiastic watching, video taping and snapping pic’s of us.

Action Sports put on a good well run event and we can hardly wait for the next one.

NQ

It takes me a while but here's a start.
KO1 gets the Bravery Award for attempting to race the only real vintage bike.

Attachments

• Action 5.jpg
    Action 5.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 80
  • Action 4.jpg
    Action 4.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 86
  • Action 3.jpg
    Action 3.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 103
  • Action 2.jpg
    Action 2.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 72
  • Action 1.jpg
    Action 1.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 89
Action 6.jpg
Action 7.jpg
Action 8.jpg

This last pic comes with a big smile and a laugh.
It is a very rare occasion that I best my son in a race, but it happened in the Decade class. I actually passed him on a section of the MX track.
Mom wanted pic's. I couldn't resist the urge for some pit humor with some cornball glory and a makeshift podium. What can I say, I had to get some milleage out the moment. Fun is what it's all about.

His plaque is actually a 3rd place which he earned in the afternoon 25+ vet class which was a very impressive finish. I believe there were more than 10 in his class.

Action 9.jpg

We had 8 in 40+, and no surprise they were not going to be easily outran. The best I could muster was 6th, and with that I felt I rode very well and smooth. In fact, I had a 50+ guy pass me, he crashed, I rode by, and he shortly after caught me at the finish line. Fast is Fast!

I have a handful of action pic's I'll try and load up tomorrow. Anthony took some photos of the mud section we had to race through in the first race. I'm not so sure too many were happy about that section. It got pretty ugly.

Back