bike prices

John250

PR Founding Father
Two weeks ago I was calling around to get pricing on bikes. They all gave me out the door pricing. I personally think the freight and set up ($300) is BS. Some dealers charge for it, some don't. I ended buying a used bike.....first time ever for myself. Now this week two guys call me asking if I got a bike yet, that they both can do a little better on the price. Should have gave me your best price two weeks ago! Screw a guy if you can....then wait and try to lower your price two weeks later if he did not bite two weeks ago? Don't understand that philosophy.

Price reduction could of been due to incentives? Some dealers charge freight and set-up fees then sell the bike at cost, just another way to try to keep the lights on. I never met a MXer that didn't expect everything at cost or below. There is no dealer getting rich on MX bikes!

There are a few dealers making money on MX bikes. Because there is a huge price difference in what some dealers charge. There are a couple local dealers to me that are VERY PROUD of their bike prices........I am not sure why anyone would buy a bike from a couple of them. Sell the bike cheap, and make good profit on the parts and everything else.

Back