Moto Blues :(

Strouble

PR Addict
We have all heard "all you gotta do is twist the throttle" and "why do you keep putting yourself through this" from folks that just don't understand moto-life and really can't unless you actually ride. Moto has done so much for me as a person and in life; many of you feel the same way.

I have some moto-blues which makes life-blues. No matter who I talk to about this, they just don't get it if they don't ride. I want share my moto-blues and also got me to wondering the moto-blues you have gone through.

Currently I don't have a bike; not since 2008. I LOVE RIDING AND RACING! This is due to my good and bad decisions, lack of resources, and personal sacrifice. Last November everything seemed to be lining up and then unexpectedly the bottom fell out with work and on-going family issues where I forced my Dad to move out and then trying to give my sister and her daughter some solid footing by moving in with me. I start back to work with Perrin Concrete in two more weeks as of this morning. Friends have helped me get by through the winter in one way or another, but I am so far behind...I am not sure when I will have a bike...but am still working towards it. It's just plain tough and you folks are the only ones that understand the burning desire to ride. I am lucky if I get one hour of riding in a year on a friend's bike...which I don't like doing because I feel like I need to earn it on my own. This bums me out!

On the other side of the coin is working the races...I do and really would sacrifice riding to help OHMX...but I think riding has to happen for me sometime in the future. I absolutely love the races to the point that I will miss church, funerals, weddings, important events, etc. I am so thankful to be involved in the MX community. You folks are some of my closest friends and help keep me encouraged. MX and the folks in it have done so much for me as a person and in life...thank you.

I am purposed to keep moving forward with a smile on my face...but it still hurts. I am not trying to wine about these things...but you folks are the only ones that understand this kind of inner turmoil about moto.

I am becoming grounded and established in life and have some great promises ahead of my life and have to keep to the grind stone. The bike will come in time.

What are some of the moto-blues you have encountered and overcome in your life?

We have all heard "all you gotta do is twist the throttle" and "why do you keep putting yourself through this" from folks that just don't understand moto-life and really can't unless you actually ride. Moto has done so much for me as a person and in life; many of you feel the same way.

I have some moto-blues which makes life-blues. No matter who I talk to about this, they just don't get it if they don't ride. I want share my moto-blues and also got me to wondering the moto-blues you have gone through.

Currently I don't have a bike; not since 2008. I LOVE RIDING AND RACING! This is due to my good and bad decisions, lack of resources, and personal sacrifice. Last November everything seemed to be lining up and then unexpectedly the bottom fell out with work and on-going family issues where I forced my Dad to move out and then trying to give my sister and her daughter some solid footing by moving in with me. I start back to work with Perrin Concrete in two more weeks as of this morning. Friends have helped me get by through the winter in one way or another, but I am so far behind...I am not sure when I will have a bike...but am still working towards it. It's just plain tough and you folks are the only ones that understand the burning desire to ride. I am lucky if I get one hour of riding in a year on a friend's bike...which I don't like doing because I feel like I need to earn it on my own. This bums me out!

On the other side of the coin is working the races...I do and really would sacrifice riding to help OHMX...but I think riding has to happen for me sometime in the future. I absolutely love the races to the point that I will miss church, funerals, weddings, important events, etc. I am so thankful to be involved in the MX community. You folks are some of my closest friends and help keep me encouraged. MX and the folks in it have done so much for me as a person and in life...thank you.

I am purposed to keep moving forward with a smile on my face...but it still hurts. I am not trying to wine about these things...but you folks are the only ones that understand this kind of inner turmoil about moto.

I am becoming grounded and established in life and have some great promises ahead of my life and have to keep to the grind stone. The bike will come in time.

What are some of the moto-blues you have encountered and overcome in your life?

Jarett, I can help with your blues. You are welcome to ride/race my YZ 125. Just tell me when you're ready and I'll throw it in the trailor. You see, I too have the Moto blues. I am always busy with the boy that I never take time for myself. Help us both! Tell me you will ride and I'll bring it and we can both ride (not together of course that would be weird) Matt.

Moto blues:

Thinking about having a kid and wondering how on earth ill be able to provide a racing experience as great as my mom/dad showed me as a kid. That and thinking my mom had a kid on a pw50 at the age I'm at now. Don't know how they did it.

Jared you can ride my 250 at any practice track I'm at.

You just have to roll with it brother and understand that for the folks who haven't done DO NOT understand it.

I mean, you also have to look at how weird we are. I mean, what other folks get in conversations about injuries with smiles on our faces and try and better one another like there is a prize for the worst injury!!?? In that, we've learned to roll with it.

No bike? That stinks. I hadn't one last week. had to bum a few rides off some buds. I got one now, but although I am digging it, it's not what I really want, but will get me on the track. You get there. Just keep the faith and don't get bummed when folks that haven't a clue, tell you, "what exercise? All you do is sit on the bike and ride around a track..."

Peeps are funny. Ignorance is bliss. Just pray for them! ;)

Moto blues? Anytime I cant ride. People dont understand why I just make it happen even when I shouldnt. Thats the key, make it happen. Sometimes it has to be more important than other things and sometimes not.

There are times when taking care of yourself HAS to come first and for me that is riding.

I will participate.. My moto blue came in like 05.. After 05 I had a 3 year span where I couldnt ride financially and it got to the point where I had no bike and wasnt able to buy one until 08.. Told myself ill NEVER be without a bike again, weather its a clapped out POS 1992 rm 250 or something. Moto blues is not having something in the garage knowing that I can ride whenever time will allow!

I went 20 years with the moto blues and didn't even know it. I broke my arm as a kid trail riding and never rode again until I bought my son a pw70. It lit a fire inside me I didn't know was there. Discovered motocross soon after and now you'll bury me with a bike. However riding is still just a hobby for 99% of us. In order to have the free time to enjoy a hobby you need to have your life in order. Get your ducks in a row so you can enjoy the greatest sport on earth again. Use it as motivation. It sounds like you're on your way already. Best of luck.

20 years and didn't know it...that's pretty cool to hear how the desire came back. My first race I pulled off the trail balling my eyes out; I was so scared.

Thank you for the invites and encouragement men. I wasn't looking for help...just you men understand the desire to ride and what it takes to ride. You gave me some perspective and fellowship which is what I needed.

No matter the past...I am the reason for my financial/life circumstance on the negative side of things. The good side is God. My position in life at this present time is the consequences of ALL my decisions. I think Hershey put it simplest...you have to take care of yourself. In ways that has been a difficult principle for me to understand because I see the world as selfish and I don't wanna be that way. I am grasping it now especially after forcing my Dad to move out...it came down to that very principle.

I will be hard pressed to ride someone's bike, I need to earn the bike just like all of you. I greatly appreciate your offers. The good thing about all of this at 27 years old, is that I have finished my big screwing up in life overall and know where I want to be and why. The opportunity is here and here only once. It's now or never for me. Thats what I am working towards now. It is so great to see clearly now as a man.

So it's time to moto on at Chillitown Moto Bros! Brap!

Thank you again!

P.S.

Dan, hahaha. I love my brother, but that was a knucklehead move at Malvern and he has learned his lesson. Him and I had that conflict and one the race prior that has brought us closer together. We laugh at it now!

45 months & still counting on my moto blues....

Been riding since the early 70's & racing since 1978. The only time I did not have an mx bike was from 1986 to 1988 when I had to sell my bike to get money so
we could move at the time.

I have been sidelined due to 2 auto accidents on the way home from work with the last one on 2-2012, ended up having back surgery 2 months ago to fuse
the lowest 3 disc in my back so my moto blues are at an all time high as once you get hooked it is for life plus this was my only hobby due to family and always
working jobs with long hours.

My last race was an AHRMA race at Smith Road in July of 2009 & was in an auto accident later that week.

Had planned to modern bikes race this year as I turned 50 in March but sadly that is not going to happen.

I hope to be back one day but realistically that is more like a dream.

We have the first grandchild on the way so maybe we will get a little racer in a few years!

Maico Mark

Back