Site timing out

John250

PR Founding Father
Anyone else besides me have issues with the site timing out and logging you out? What a pain in the butt. Sometimes you will be reading, and want to post to something and type it out and your logged out. Can the new owners of the site change some sort of setting to stop the site from logging us out?

I always thought it might be cool if there was a chat room on the site also. Anyone else have a thought about that?

No problems here, I did hear however JS7 has a vested interest in the site now. Maybe its just you?

Anyone else besides me have issues with the site timing out and logging you out? What a pain in the butt. Sometimes you will be reading, and want to post to something and type it out and your logged out. Can the new owners of the site change some sort of setting to stop the site from logging us out?

I always thought it might be cool if there was a chat room on the site also. Anyone else have a thought about that?

Yep....same on my computer. Seemed to start doing it a few months ago?

Thanks for letting us know John. As one of the PR IT guys I can get this resolved for you (Bubba told me to get right on it:)

Inactivity would log you out after 15 minutes. If you didn't have the "remember me" checked it would redirect you to the login page. What a hassle right? To fix this I increased the inactivity cookie setting from 15 mins to 60 mins and made the Remember me checkbox on by default. Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Chuck

Did not know if I checked the remember me box that would fix it! That's all you needed to tell me to do, but thanks for your extra efforts to fix it, and the info.

Thanks for letting us know John. As one of the PR IT guys I can get this resolved for you (Bubba told me to get right on it:)

Inactivity would log you out after 15 minutes. If you didn't have the "remember me" checked it would redirect you to the login page. What a hassle right? To fix this I increased the inactivity cookie setting from 15 mins to 60 mins and made the Remember me checkbox on by default. Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Chuck

Bam!

Thanks chuck, I was having the same problem. I only type 10 words a min. so that doesn't help. Rocket must be a really good typer. lol

Back