Sunday April 28 OIR or TV Land

MX099

PR Addict
This Sunday racing at both OIR and TV Land. Who's going where and why? I'm leaning towards OIR. I'm not a big fan of morning mud and afternoon concrete. Am I making the right choice?

TV land, great track prep and closer to home. OIR should be great, but really don't like the new first turn. To short and to tight.

That old start was my favorite thing about that track next to the pro uphill or whatever y'all called it.

That said I'm most likely not riding next week anyway. If I felt like buying another membership I'd go to oir since I haven't been there in 2 years.

OIR. Jason Rogers and his crew are second to none in Ohio, Thats why we had over half of them working my race. I dont think you will see the debacle that occurred at the last OIR race.

OIR cause we haven't raced there in forever and can't wait to go back. Yes I was a little disappointed about the first turn change, but change is a good thing. My husband and I got married at OIR so it is a special place for us. :)

I like the new start. I think it will be a lot safer. 20-40 amateurs going into a sweeper that fast doesn't always work out that well.

I have been to many races at OIR and honestly I never recall a wreck in that first turn on the start and there were always a decent amount on the gate. With that being said my husband pile drove his head into the ground on that straight after the turn and gave himself a pretty good concussion but he did that all alone.

I enjoyed it too. It was a very cool start and everything, but I have seen and been a part of some nasty crashes there. I just don't think changing the start will be a downside to the track. Regardless, I'm just excited to have the track run by professionals. Should be good either way.

Im glad the start has changed, seen a few ugly high speed crashes there. It is back to THE OLD start, the way it was before all you kids were riding! Lol

That first turn will be missed like the old uphill at Scenic. I do not ever remember any bad crashes there but do remember alot of small bikes blowing up on the uphill at Scenic when it was muddy!

That first turn will be missed like the old uphill at Scenic. I do not ever remember any bad crashes there but do remember alot of small bikes blowing up on the uphill at Scenic when it was muddy!

Hell Trucks blew up just trying to get into Scenic. LOL

Back