Anyone have Pet health insurance....?

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
So my labradoodle puppy got beat up pretty bad yesterday by my other 2 year old Labradoodle. His eye is real swollen and this emergency vet visit yesterday costed me $426. His nose was a bloody mess. Looked like a murder scene. Wouldn't stop bleeding for 5 hours. They knocked him out goofy at the vet clinic and I got him through the night wimpering with pain medication every 4 hours.

My full grown weighs 50 lbs and my puppy only 5 mo old already weighs 45 lbs. Not sure if they were playing rough. But my oldest had the 5 month old pinned down and she was clamped on his neck, he wasnt moving. I thought she killed him. So I screamed out the door and the pup jumped up and let out a clearly scared yelpy cry and ran towards me and my other dog tucked her tail and went behind my shed. Like she knew what she was Doing.

She's never as much as growled at the pup. I don't know what set her off. There was no food or toys in the yard for them to fight over.

Anyway...do any of you have health insurance for your pets ? $23 a month seems like a not so bad investment considering the plans cover surgeries and check ups. Just wondering if any if you have a policy.

Georgie, we had a client in VA that actually wanted us to find a solution for them to offer Pet Insurance for their employees. We are not in the pet insurance business, but wanted to tell our client we would find them a solution. We found one, and employees seem to be happy with the solution from what I am told.

I have a two page flyer on it......PM me your email, and I will scan it in, and send it to you.

PetsVPI.com
877-PETS-VPI

I know they also discount for multiple pets. This company is the nations oldest and largest pet insurer. I know if I still had my dog, I would consider it for the little bit it cost.

I will ask my oldest daughter as she is a Veterinary so may have some insight on what pet insurance works well.

The vet cost of care is up the as is takes 8 years of college & about $200 to 250 grand to become a vet.

Her fiance is specializing as a vet cardiologist so will have 12 years total in it.

When they get married their combined debt is mind boggling.

Maico Mark

My daughter says check out reviews at petinsurancereview.com, says she has heard good things about Trupanion plus a friend of her has that
with it paying 90% of an $11,000 bill so that sounds like great coverage.

I've had 2 labs from 6 weeks old. The first made it to 15years and the second is almost 13. Other than regular shots I have spent a total of less than $ 1000 on both combined . Unless 27 years of premiums are less than 800 bucks I'd say forget it. Unless of course you feed them table scraps everyday. Then you better do it!

I am interested in lookin into it as well. Hershey I say you are a lucky case. lol My sisters dog ate a sock and it got wrapped around his intestine, it was emergency surgery that was 1600. They wanted the money before they started. My sister ended up opening a vet credit card account.

Lotts I emailed Georgie some info on the company we found for a client. If you want I will email it to you.

So my labradoodle puppy got beat up pretty bad yesterday by my other 2 year old Labradoodle. His eye is real swollen and this emergency vet visit yesterday costed me $426. His nose was a bloody mess. Looked like a murder scene. Wouldn't stop bleeding for 5 hours. They knocked him out goofy at the vet clinic and I got him through the night wimpering with pain medication every 4 hours

So, how's the pup?

After a $3000.00 bill for ACL surgery on 1 leg.... I would suggest it. My Akita had 2 torn ACL, we had the worst damaged one replaced with synthetic rope and rehabbed the other one. The surgery alone was $3000 ,not counting multiple opinions from several vets because in all my years of having dogs I have never heard of an ACL tear on a dog. I have since then found out it is one of the most popular surgeries on pets these days , they just don't build them like they used to.

He's happy and healthy. His face and eye are coming along swimmingly. Still blood shot. But pupils are dilating normally and no scratches to the cornea. I just have to watch them closely as the dominance battle ensues. I figure Zeezee will give it up after a few more months. Rufus will 100 lb plus so he will own the yard....

Cool, hope the king of the mountain stuff ends soon.

I get too attached to pets but couldn't be happy without them.
We have an 18 year old cat in hospice right now. Hoping he
knows how to tell us when it's time.

my god i love my dog but i dont know if i coudl spend 3 grand on one, does that make me a horrrible person? lol...

Just tell your family that your dog has a lifetime $1500 HSA and once its gone, its gone! LOL.

It's a very good idea to get pet insurance for your animals. Especially high dollar ones. When Leo was 3 he jumped off a large ledge and tore his acl. I went to the Copley animal hospital and had Dr Day fix his leg. The ending bill was a shade over 5000.00. Leo is more than just a dog...first , he is a family member...and second I had countless hours of training in him. Not to mention a lot of money to purchase him. The doc told me he would be about 80% once healed...he healed well and was closer to 95-100%. To this day u would never know he had a plate in his leg and a repaired acl. He is 9 soon to be 10 and still retrieves birds like a machine. Since his surgery he has been to Kansas , Missouri, and Canada and has retrieved literally thousands of birds. To ask me I'd it was worth it....well that's just a silly question...id put that dog before any person, any place any time...no matter the circumstance.

Back