As the Bikes Turn......

Vet261

PR Addict
Looks like my '78 RM250 is back for sale.....for almost double the price I sold it for! And he changed it around a bit, in my opinion for the worse. I also like how a bunch of the items are claimed to be 'brand new' but yet they weren't brand new when I sold it and I never claimed they were new.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1978...3?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item4ac3bbd027#v4-42

Funny, I've now sold two bikes to people that really, really wanted them, going to race them, love them, cherish them.....only to see them for sale again a month later at higher prices. No biggie as I'm happy with what I sold each for and I guess I should be flattered that people think my bikes are so nice they can turn them and make money even after giving me what I was asking.

I guess I should say 3 bikes, I forgot about the DMX153 '92 RM125 experiment last year, haha! But I understand that one so I wasn't really counting it......

Forced sale maybe? Probably didn't get permission from wife to buy it.
And from Illinois has to recoup costs and travel expenses. After all his expenses and trouble he really ain't making that much on it.

He will never get that much for it as starting bid is $2,800 with reserve not met so he is wasting his money listing it that high to start with.

I have seen museum quality 78 250's go for 2,200 bucks...

Maico Mark

Back