Question for KTM riders

mshafer62

PR Addict
When you replace your bike's sprocket bolts do you change to an
aftermarket bolt with an allen head or do you stay with the original torx head bolt?

Just my two cents but I always stay with the original hardware or replace it with new KTM hardware. I've had too many instances where an aftermarket bolt or screw vibrates loose or snaps. Last year I replaced the top shock mount bolt with an aftermarket bolt to save myself $8...well it somehow managed to rattle out while I was at dirt world and sent me flying chad reed style off the face of a table top.

I had loctited the bolt, and torqued it. To me I'll spend the extra money for the piece of mind that I have the right equipment.

i lost me a top shock mount bolt at area 51. turns out it fell out the lap i decided to try all the jumps.. lol bad timing.. i knew something felt funny

i'd stick to the oem bolts for the sprocket with loctite for sure, and keep an eye on them. dont want them coming lose, i have half a hub at home that is motivation enough to keep on top of them!

OEM bolts only for me. The aftermarket ones for the sprockets always seem to loosen up. This resulted in a shredded rear hub on my 02. Bolts are cheaper than a new wheel.

OEM all the way and red locktite the sprocket bolts and the shock bolt. I have had the shock bolt come out on me a time or 2 when I had my 06. First time every a few weeks ago I lost my seat bolt.

Back