Pleasure Valley LL Qual 4-25-4-27

Zman

PR Addict
Made it, backed the FunMover in, got set up and the rains have come....Mitchy is gonna get some mud practice, tomorrow, I have a feeling. I brought the AR Drone, digital camera, and GoPro...should be a weekend of dad playing with these toys and Mitchy playing on the track.

Good luck to Mitchy.....!
We are only doing Sunday?.....are you two sticking around?

No, wish we could.. I gotta leave from here and get his bike to our Columbus transport to Vegas for the Amsoil AX stuff... That guy is leaving Sunday.

Beautiful sunny morning... Track looks awesome! Stat tuned

Good day of practice....track was good..

DSC_0040.jpgDSC_0047.jpgDSC_0187.jpgDSC_0153.jpgDSC_0146.jpg

Good luck guys, Pleasure Valley was my favorite track to race back in the day,I don't think I miss one of there races back in 99. I even raced against 199 there.

Wasn't the greatest of rides this weekend....just didn't click on the gate...he got it done though with a 5th first moto and 4th second moto....in for the NE Regional.

Final cut from the weekend...fun stuff..wife told me no on taking the ipad and my iphone would not sync up to the AR Drone...oh well..after Vegas...my goal...get some footage from the sky!

You have to be a proud Z dad, Z boy is showing maturity in line selection and decisions.
Much better start and great riding!
Best of luck to you in LV. Wish I could have made the trip out. Good luck

What about the old guys on Sunday? Richard A MFS how did you do. Did you get and interview?

Unfortunately, track was not dry like it was on Saturday. They water all night and in the morning before practice which would have made a great track but the rains came in for the second Moto’s. All and all good day for the pit possie…..30 b/c had two really fast guys in it and would have to question if there were A riders back in the day but I went 3 / 4 for 3rd over all with Chris Oplinger going 4 /2 for second overall.
40 class both Oplinger and myself missed the gate drop and was about ¾ of a track down but ended up me finishing 6th and Oplinger getting 9th. Second moto of the 40 class I pulled the Hole shot with Oplinger behind me, he put a pass on me and then went down. Therefore, I was cruising until the last lap as here comes Oplinger again with some other person on KTM passing me. So now I’m sitting third but next couple of turns Oplinger and KTM both going down in a turn so I cursed on to get the win with a 6 /1 for second overall. Olpinger I think went 9 /4 for 7th overall.
Randy 947 rode very well in the 25 plus with a stacked class with Jimmy Evans putting on a show. He also went 2/2 for 2nd overall in the 35 plus.
Todd Sinclair had some great starts and rode well in the 30b/c and think is moving on to the regional.
Marc the Sharc held his own in a deep 45 class pulling off and 8th overall and was on the box in the 50 class as well.
Well the easy part of LL is over and now moving on to full gates and big tracks!

Getting out of the qually safe and with a spot in the regional is all that matters. Nice job staying on two wheels. Being consistent works out well for everyone but Dungey.

You have to be a proud Z dad, Z boy is showing maturity in line selection and decisions.
Much better start and great riding!
Best of luck to you in LV. Wish I could have made the trip out. Good luck

What about the old guys on Sunday? Richard A MFS how did you do. Did you get and interview?

Thanks Double D and great job to the Sunday crew....keep up the good results as you all roll into regionals.....

RJack and I a went west to Sunset Ridge in Illinois to ride. Weather was perfect sunny and 70 . Track was sweets mix of red bud and Log road sand. Lots of high speed off cambers and big uphill step ups. They had an uphill triple and a ski jump like red bud too.
Both my classes Were filled with Michigan boys and Wisconsinites. I snuck in the +45 with an 8th and got blown away in plus 40 ! The deep sand was robbing the 144 of power and really has me thinking my bike of choice may need to be more cc's .
Jack had a rough day. He went down in a high speed turn and tweaked his hip in practice and was not the same the Rest of the day. His first moto start he looped out off the gate on the RM 250 two stroke . Pretty funny but gave him a bad finish starting last in two- stroke. Second moto he did not even run .
His 250 c moto he started last of 38 riders and worked up to 22 the first lap then went down to finish at 28 overall.
Second moto he got another last place start working his way up to 20 whe he dabbed his foot and tweaked the hip again pulling off for a DNF.
Rough way to start out 2013 and I can't see him getting but one more chance at an area . I may be going solo to Millville.

It must have been about 10 years since I’ve been to Pleasure Valley.
Since then route33 has been improved greatly and PV has changed and yet still stayed much the same.
The 3.5 hr drive was easy. We took 76 to the PA turnpike to Rt. 33.
We pulled in to PV with sunny sky’s just before 6 and found the track was dry and they were watering and tilling so we spoke with the wrist-band man, asking about the forecast. He says “well, not sure… but they’ll water regardless because if it doesn’t rain…well, they’ll be in trouble.”
All the Sat. racing had been done for a while and sign-up closed so we filled up the water and found Randy’s rig.
We had a good time walking the track watching the 3 dozers, the water truck and talking about how nice it will be tomorrow.
PV is big and fast. Lots of elevation change, almost constant. It has big jumps, multiple jumps and a harder base than I remember. Some of the deep, wood chip, soft stuff is still there but only in a few sections. It winds up the far hill more than before and has been 4-stroke-n-ised a bit to flow better. The sky coaster is now a muscle through rhythm section.
We had cloudy sky’s in the AM and the track was wet but raceable. Vet’s were up 5 practice but I somehow missed getting it. I watched about 3 laps before it made sense that I was WAS watching vet practice. I got 1 lap in before getting flagged off. Made it out for late practice and got a few of the jumps dialed. Sky coaster not included.
First motos were good with only a little sprinkle here and there. Second moto’s were miserable. The temps were dropping, a wind picked up and a steady drizzle came down. The track turned into a slippery yet sticky clay rollercoaster up and down the hills.
Saw a couple guys eat-crap pretty hard in the slick stuff…you had to keep speed for the jumps, but if you got side-ways going that fast, s**t got sketchy pretty quick.
Everyone rode well. All in one piece. Good times, good crew.
Getting out on the track at the right time wasn’t possible though …ha!
I never did get the Sky coaster clean, I want to go back under better conditions.

It must have been about 10 years since I’ve been to Pleasure Valley.
Since then route33 has been improved greatly and PV has changed and yet still stayed much the same.
The 3.5 hr drive was easy. We took 76 to the PA turnpike to Rt. 33.
We pulled in to PV with sunny sky’s just before 6 and found the track was dry and they were watering and tilling so we spoke with the wrist-band man, asking about the forecast. He says “well, not sure… but they’ll water regardless because if it doesn’t rain…well, they’ll be in trouble.”
All the Sat. racing had been done for a while and sign-up closed so we filled up the water and found Randy’s rig.
We had a good time walking the track watching the 3 dozers, the water truck and talking about how nice it will be tomorrow.
PV is big and fast. Lots of elevation change, almost constant. It has big jumps, multiple jumps and a harder base than I remember. Some of the deep, wood chip, soft stuff is still there but only in a few sections. It winds up the far hill more than before and has been 4-stroke-n-ised a bit to flow better. The sky coaster is now a muscle through rhythm section.
We had cloudy sky’s in the AM and the track was wet but raceable. Vet’s were up 5 practice but I somehow missed getting it. I watched about 3 laps before it made sense that I was WAS watching vet practice. I got 1 lap in before getting flagged off. Made it out for late practice and got a few of the jumps dialed. Sky coaster not included.
First motos were good with only a little sprinkle here and there. Second moto’s were miserable. The temps were dropping, a wind picked up and a steady drizzle came down. The track turned into a slippery yet sticky clay rollercoaster up and down the hills.
Saw a couple guys eat-crap pretty hard in the slick stuff…you had to keep speed for the jumps, but if you got side-ways going that fast, s**t got sketchy pretty quick.
Everyone rode well. All in one piece. Good times, good crew.
Getting out on the track at the right time wasn’t possible though …ha!
I never did get the Sky coaster clean, I want to go back under better conditions.

Sharc, was the sky coaster coming out of the back after the start or where the uphill 4 double section in the way back of the track? Just wondering...Mitchy rolled all that stuff other than the table on that section coming out of the back after the start, but was able to keep the 50 wound up tight like a spring and get the series of doubles going up the hill in the back corner of the track.

Maybe u can give me a time off the video I posted on page one of this post...just curious as I had never been there. Looked fun, but was wondering how I would have handled that series of doubles, table and double coming up the hill after the start.

PV basically has three sets of multiple jump areas. The first one, after the start (and long sweeping downhill right) as you climb back towards the bridge.
The second is on the far hill as you climb back towards the parking lot and the third is the (old) sky coaster and it runs along the parking lot.
The sky coaster is now: a tight left into a skip-off, (while you drop-down), ski jump that must be done clean in order to get the rest of rhythm to flow.
Then into a series of large rollers (not real jumps) that must be pre-compressed and then skipped over (not to lose momentum) and ending in two tables.
The second larger than the first.

I think it’s around the 3:20 mark in Mitchy’s vid.
The bigger, stronger guys on 450’s were making it. A few could get the timing perfect and float through but most just slammed their way across the rollers and used the speed to clear the first table.
…..It was a pure muscle section…. And as the track got slicker and slicker that section made a huge difference in lap times and overall flow.

Back