06 yz 125 countershaft sprocket.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Does this damn thing have left threads?! I can't get the cs sprocket nut to move no way. Suggestions for getting this damn thing off ???

Same thing happened to a 09 yz125 a friend of mine has.. Not sure if he got it off yet

I damn near spent all of my air in the tank both times with the impact. Good 45 seconds to a minute of constant: "bughabughabughabughabughabugha" and nothing. Won't break. Gonna heat the bastard up tomorrow and put on some pb blast maybe. This is freakin ridiculous.

I've used an impact before on them, but never without worry of what damage I may be doing inside the tranny.

Better to be in neutral with some good way of holding the sprocket, like you would a clutch basket and then hit it with the impact or better yet nice and easy with a long breaker bar.

Actually, better yet, and I have done this before with the help of a 2nd person:
Leave the chain on, and put a heavy foot on the rear brake to hold the rear wheel. that will keep the countershaft sproket from turning while you break the nut free.

Anything to keep from jarring tranny gears from an impact driver.

I damn near spent all of my air in the tank both times with the impact. Good 45 seconds to a minute of constant: "bughabughabughabughabughabugha" and nothing. Won't break. Gonna heat the bastard up tomorrow and put on some pb blast maybe. This is freakin ridiculous.

Two stage compressor, go for max air pressure. 160 PSI has never failed
me. I agree with the comments about not using gearing to stop the
countershaft from spinning. Use the chain and back brake.

Impact with 150 PSI worked on my '06 YZ 125 yesterday. Went with a new 13T front and a 50T rear that I happened to have from another bike. What a difference! Works excellent for an old guy who weighs more than his bike. I've been in the wrong gear on the bike for years...

Back