Anyone sell your home by owner

loneranger171

PR Addict
Has anyone sold their own home by owner without realtors involved. What is needed besides a real estate attorney? I know person wanting to buy my house so we want to make it quickly and cost effective.....

Has anyone sold their own home by owner without realtors involved. What is needed besides a real estate attorney? I know person wanting to buy my house so we want to make it quickly and cost effective.....

I've never done that Myself. You can go to Office Max, Office Depot ect. There are Legal packets made up for specific applications such as Buying / Selling Homes ect. They start around $30 or $40 I think.

I would just let an attorney or Title Agency / Company handle it. I think it would be money well spent, unless you are well versed in these matters and explicitly know what you are doing. Sounds like you are not (no offense).

If you are not careful and don't know the laws and regulations, You could end up being held liable for Renovations, Repairs, Abatements of lead based paint, or asbestos, or any number of things.

A few hundred dollars or even a few grand for the proper legal fees now could save immeasurable amounts of liability on down the line.

I wouldn't say I am unknowledgable in this area... Just never sold or bought home without a realtor. I will look at some custom packages for sellers as well as call title company or two

Any reputable title company can handle the closing for you. They handle all of it for the banks anyway and you can cut out the realtor fees. Like it was said double check on lead disclosures but you need only worry about it if the house was built before 1978

I did one. I used my realtor. He charged me 750 or something and had all the paperwork and disclosures. Was cheap.

Back