Malvern Wednesday practice 5/1

MalvernMX

PR Addict
Ok, let's try this again! I am starting to think we are all just not meant to ride on Wednesday's. 4pm to 9pm, bikes only, prepped to the max!! We have changed the rollers and the corner before them to made the section longer. I need to tweak that a little more. We have a big weekend coming up this weekend the 4th and 5th. Practice Saturday, race Saturday night and race Sunday. I plan to change the finish line section before the weekend, not sure if it will happen before Wednesday though.

I think were in for a good week of riding judging by the forecast!

Bring back the bigger version of the gravity cavity! A malvern staple that I miss! lol

Only if meister will hit that thing with all she's got and land on that little camelback thing after. You won't.

Def will make one Wed. practice this year...just not this one. Totally forgot about the Saturday night race....

Was a good night of riding! So many ruts in the turns it was crazy! I don't think ever in my life have I seen a corner at Malvern with 6 or 7 lines/ruts in it aside from this year. Putting the newer dirt on top and prepping it correctly has been key! Early on I still couldn't mesh with the whoops. Once I got comfy though and nutted up a little I could get through semi smooth by doubling through from the outside. Tripled out a few times but couldn't catch the turn, so doubling felt better.

All in all a good night and I can't wait for the weekend!

Got out of work late just past 5 p.m. and hit the road for Malvern’s “Bike Only Night”. Even though I was going to be late, I’ve never been and wanted to check it out.

Pedal to the metal, I got stuck in some Akron City traffic but nothing major. About an hour and ten minutes latter I pulled into the Vern to find about 80-100 folks buzzing the track.

The girls / mini session was out on the track when I pulled in, yet by the time I parked, someone came over the P.A. and announced “big bikes in 5 minutes. ….sweet!

I got out on the track to find a perfectly prepped racing surface. No dust, plenty of traction and no slop. The jumps were sculpted well and track’s banners and safety bails were nicely in place.

Bike Only Night is the BOMB. The turns had beautiful, and I mean beautiful, crescent shaped berms. 5, 6 maybe even 7 to choose from …..All perfect crescents! Absolutely Wonderful!

The reshaped turn before the now extended sand whoop section is a big improvement. Those whoops are still my nemesis but I saw quite a few guys being able to either double through or get on top of them and hammer. Sweet section….

A big thanks to Chris and Trent for helping me get over some Sharc-Lock and grab a handful to make the 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] floor of the Elevator……what a fun jump!

All-in-all….a great idea, plenty of seat time, a great track and a great time! Thanks Jason….I’ll be back for Bike Only Night!...

Should have made it out Scoob. It was a great afternoon!! Thanks everyone.

Would have never made it. Heck, didn't get to 62 25 minutes away from me until 6:30. I will make one...or two...or... Keep up the good work. Sounds like it was a winner last night! ;)

Back