Smith Road Split 12-4 bikes only, 4-6 open

mastiffmom

PR Addict
We have a split practice this saturday, 12-4 will be bikes only, 4-6 is open for all (bikes, quads, 3-wheelers) $25 for the big track and $15 for the peewee track.<P><div class=after_content><blockquote class="signature restore"><div class=signaturecontainer>Cristy Plas
Smith Road Raceway
6868 Smith Road
Medina, Ohio 44256
</div></blockquote></div>

I have been there numorous times over the past couple years and I can say that the track itself really needed disked deeper... Super flat highway type, love the layout tho

I think that track was prepped great but after it's been ridden for a couple hours it's gonna get packed down. Possibly stop practice after a couple hours and re-disc and water a little bit.

Thanks for the feedback guys I will pass it on to Larry. We had different people prep the track Saturday as Larry had other business to attend to in the morning so you can expect normal prep on Wednesday.

Thought I saw someone taking photos out there? Anyone know who it was?

Been trying to find that out as well.

Prep was good, seemed to use a bit too much water at 4pm imho. The back section was just getting decent again when we got pulled off the track :(

I have been there numorous times over the past couple years and I can say that the track itself really needed disked deeper... Super flat highway type, love the layout tho

I would not call Saturdays practice a "super flat highway type". There were a lot of deep ruts all over the track! I do agree that had it been disked deeper and with more water in some areas it would have been primo. But all in all they deserve a lot of credit; very nice facility! It was my first time to Smith Road and I did talk to some guys in the pits and they did say that the previous owner disked deep and watered like crazy, almost too much, so maybe they will learn to get somewhere in the middle ground.

They watered alot more at the mid practice prep because of the dust. Word is that some neighbors are starting their plot to " do something" about Smith road. The quads were coming for practice and we all know that they dry out a track really fast. ( dont really need the quads suck they ruin everything posts ,please) If there is a large dust problem then it is a legit reason to have the track shut down. It is a VERY fine ballance of how much water to put down. They could turn the track into a mud hole for the first hour of practice and probally not have to water again. Or they could put down enough to get things going for the first part then rewater and disc the track. (but that takes ride time from the riders) Please do not put blame on Smith road for "over watering" (when over watering happens) put that blame on the neighbors that are complaining. After all Smith road has been a race track for over 40 years those houses are less then 20 years old. Everyone at Smith road is trying to make Smith road a top notch race track. They do listen to everyones input and try to use that to please everyone. Hope to see everyone Wed.

They watered alot more at the mid practice prep because of the dust. Word is that some neighbors are starting their plot to " do something" about Smith road. The quads were coming for practice and we all know that they dry out a track really fast. ( dont really need the quads suck they ruin everything posts ,please) If there is a large dust problem then it is a legit reason to have the track shut down. It is a VERY fine ballance of how much water to put down. They could turn the track into a mud hole for the first hour of practice and probally not have to water again. Or they could put down enough to get things going for the first part then rewater and disc the track. (but that takes ride time from the riders) Please do not put blame on Smith road for "over watering" (when over watering happens) put that blame on the neighbors that are complaining. After all Smith road has been a race track for over 40 years those houses are less then 20 years old. Everyone at Smith road is trying to make Smith road a top notch race track. They do listen to everyones input and try to use that to please everyone. Hope to see everyone Wed.

What I saw happen was they watered some of the corners down to mud hole status.. which in turn caused the quads to run these turns super wide (going completely around the mud) and powerslide around them, kicking up huge dust clouds. At the end of the practice the wet corners were still super wet, and the quads did everything they could to avoid the mud.

Thats to be expected to some degree for bikes or quads. Granted quads are more likely to go around the mud because of ground clearance issues. Its the whole cause and effect thing. If they do this than this will happen... if they do that then this will happen. The only way to please the riders and those few neighbors 100% everytime is to put a giant 20 acre roof over the entire track.... But lets be realistic...lol

Thats to be expected to some degree for bikes or quads. Granted quads are more likely to go around the mud because of ground clearance issues. Its the whole cause and effect thing. If they do this than this will happen... if they do that then this will happen. The only way to please the riders and those few neighbors 100% everytime is to put a giant 20 acre roof over the entire track.... But lets be realistic...lol

Yeah I know.. I don't know how to win that one.

Back