This Weekend

day181

PR Elite
Staff member
After what felt like a winter that lasted 6 months, today there's a warm gentle breeze flowing through my open window with the sun shinning through. A look at the weekend forecast reminds me of the reason I live in Ohio. The schedule shows at least 10 tracks under 2 hours from here racing or open for practice. I tip my hat to the man upstairs!

NQ1965

PR Elite
So which Vintage/Post Vintage event you racing at this weekend ? :)

Winter did last 6 mos. National Weather Service announced that this was the 2nd coldest Winter-to-Spring season on record. They said 1975 average temps were just a bit colder.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Weather has been nothing short of perfect so far this weekend. And we are only half over !!! Woohoo. See some people Rollin into Malvern from redbud tonight, so tomorrow should be awesome day of racing!

MotoDad17

PR Founding Father
George...shouldnt you be up here getting ready for the regional....this track is rough and big and this is only a practice weekend . I can only imagine what it is going to look like on a regional weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_8079 (2).jpg
    IMG_8079 (2).jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_8045.jpg
    IMG_8045.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 160

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
George...shouldnt you be up here getting ready for the regional....this track is rough and big and this is only a practice weekend . I can only imagine what it is going to look like on a regional weekend.
Hey MotoDad17 where you at with those pics?......is that Baja?

washel157

PR Addict
Speaking of great weekends, COCR racing on sunday was great. Track was great and had a good turnout. Thanks to all.

KTMkarl794

PR Addict

Definitely Baja....although that looks to be an early morning photo when the track is smooth. Been there twice this year for open practice and it was super rough. But I love big ol' sand whoops, grew up racing on that track.

Heard Tommy tried the uphill triple on a 125...which means he's a lunatic...I cased it on a 250 smoker from the inside.

MotoDad17

PR Founding Father

Baja Acres...we went up Saturday and Sunday for the practice days there...wanted to go to Red Bud but already did the Log Road LLQ and never been to Baja before. The pics dont show how rough and rutted the track really was. The track is very fast and big ,but goes away really quick and the ruts are never ending, the faces and landings on every jump get rough and rutted. I think the regional should be an interesting one for people who have never been there before and people who do not ride sand often.

Attachments

• IMG_8268.jpg
    IMG_8268.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 125

John250

PR Founding Father
Track looks awesome, would like to ride it when it is smooth. After a bunch of motos on that, I would look like a spud.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
If you don’t like RedBud because it’s too soft, you’ll HATE Baja.
Baja gets moon craters on the straights and buried Volkswagens on the entrance to turns …then there’s the sand berms that kill all momentum and swallow ya up.
It’s also got some of the biggest jumps that I have ever seen….
After a day of motos……Baja is nothing short of brutal!

day181

PR Elite
Staff member
Trust me, even if you're the first guy out it's smooth on top but it's still 4 feet deep. There's nowhere to hide from the breaking bumps that develop either. The regional is like shooting little Ohio trout riders in a barrel. It'll humble you pretty quick but it's still one of my favorite tracks in the country.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Yeah I figure the nail in the coffin for me would be Baja. I always get hosed at those michigan tracks. So rough and we can't get anything close to that unless we travel up there and practice. 2 laps at baja will be equivalent to a 60 lap expenditure worth of energy at dirtworld or malvern anyday. I know Budds Creek is rough as hell too....but I'm going to have to do northeast instead of mideast.

pasimp57

PR Addict
Baja Acres...we went up Saturday and Sunday for the practice days there...wanted to go to Red Bud but already did the Log Road LLQ and never been to Baja before. The pics dont show how rough and rutted the track really was. The track is very fast and big ,but goes away really quick and the ruts are never ending, the faces and landings on every jump get rough and rutted. I think the regional should be an interesting one for people who have never been there before and people who do not ride sand often.

Were you the guys in the motorhome with the dog ?

MotoDad17

PR Founding Father
Yeah I figure the nail in the coffin for me would be Baja. I always get hosed at those michigan tracks. So rough and we can't get anything close to that unless we travel up there and practice. 2 laps at baja will be equivalent to a 60 lap expenditure worth of energy at dirtworld or malvern anyday. I know Budds Creek is rough as hell too....but I'm going to have to do northeast instead of mideast.

George started all the LL stuff and has yet to show up at a race.....Only doing the Baja Acres regional George, if nothing good happens I figure by then the lake will be warm enough and the jet skis will be back in style.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
High point this Sunday. Fast traxx in a few weeks! So that will leave my options to pick northeast or Mideast. But that Michigan sand is not nice to us ohio boys.