Amsoil Amateur National Arenacross championships Vegas!

Zman

PR Addict
Friday race report:

Mitchell ran the 4-8 year old 50cc class. There were 20 on the gate, 2 rows of 10. Practice session one went smooth...he ended 4th in qualifying time, but did lay it down once. He ended up 2nd in the Heat race, which was his gate pick for the main, as he launched out with a good start.

Here is a pic of Mitchy in the heat race in second. Came off the track and said he was going for the double, the kid that won, Reed Cooper, was doing in front of him. Reed, #2 was second in the country last year at Lorettas and is a factory Cobra rider..he rips! Mitchy did do that jump the next time on the track....said "dad, I had to seat bounce it"...what??? how does he know what that is...I can't even do it.

DSC_0095.jpg

The main, he did not get the same good start. He ended up running 4th for most of the race and hit some lappers on the last lap. Mitchy went outside and the kid behind him went underneath the lapper and snuck past. Ended up 6th.

Jess Moore from RamJams ended up with a so so start as well and ended up 8th in the Expert class. Lots of fast dudes on that gate and 2 rows of 10 on the start in that class looked like bumper boats until it spaced out a bit...kind of scared me to watch it?

Some pics of the boys

DSC_0103.jpgDSC_0001.jpgDSC_0021.jpgDSC_0029.jpgDSC_0032.jpgDSC_0036.jpgDSC_0049.jpgDSC_0093.jpg

Today we go to Supercross and watch the big dogs.

Tomorrow, Mitchy gets to race the 7-8 year old 50cc class. 20 more fast kids on a little tight track.

Mitchell ended up 3rd in the main in the 7-8 50cc class. Told me on the gate he wanted another pic with the girls and wanted on the box.....he got it done...well done son... 3rd overall in the championship.

He also, wanted to air out this double and he did that as well.....

DSC_0176.jpg

IMG_0924.jpg

Congrats to the whole family for the experience of this trip of a lifetime!!!! He must have done awesome to finish in 3rd overall!

Did Zman have a Lazy Eye on the Podium with one eye on the Camera and one on the girls?

After this once in a lifetime trip, does the invite back for the Monster Energy Cup with the "who's who" of Mini Racing gonna become a reality?

So Awesome !!!! Good Job Mitchy!!

Thanks all...yes...is a great trip...he is really proud of himself and so are mom and dad....just need to be sure to keep this fun for him...that can be a challenge!

@Rocket..yes he had the moto of a lifetime...good start and had a battle of death with the 4th place rider and held him off the entire moto...inside..outside...was crazy...I was eating my nails. His exact words on the gate...."dad, I really want a pic with the girls again on the box"...my response..."how bout just getting the holeshot and having fun!" See what girls will make guys do...kid was on it...no doubt the whole time...thinking...I am gonna get a pic with those hot girls on that stage.

..and yes... we will book the trip and head back for the invite to the Monster Energy Cup...how could we not allow him to be on the gate with the kids that someday we will be watching from the stands.

Keep it fun!... Sounds like your doing a great job.Thanks for sharing.

It's not all me.. Trust me... My wife and friends, like Rocket, for advice as he has hockey coaching experience, and even Sharc and others for reminding me on this forum just how crazy mini dads can be. I have to try fight that urge, as at times have been sucked in, but others are of much support in keeping my head right in all of this... Thanks to all.., the goal is to make it fun and make riding a life time of memories...like I have myself.

He is his own critic and I need to be sure I don't assist him in that but work towards keeping him having fun. At times, even told him I was wrong and an a$$ and that he needs to just have fun!

Awesome job Mitchy! Dad did you get your pic with the girls?

Thanks John and Chris...No on pic with the girls... I lose on that deal everytime! Kid doesn't realize girls yet...someday...he is gonna regret not asking for a kiss from one of them. I told him to and had the camera all ready to roll...he seized up on the stage with sponsors and such....funny stuff.

Hey I told you the little squid had it in him!! The indoor stuff is his deal. Im sure security had to tell you to remove yourself from the girls your not fooling me Z!!!

That was an AWESOME read!

Keep it fun, for sure! That is the only way to go, win loose or draw!

Your heads on straight!!!!

Back