Meniscus injuries ?

moto856

PR Member
Has anyone had meniscus tear in your knee before? Know i've done something to my left knee about three years ago when it was a deep rut day at the track. But never went to the dr for it to be checked out lol, till a week ago when it got twice the size as my right knee this sucks! I don't know what to do?

Has anyone had meniscus tear in your knee before? Know i've done something to my left knee about three years ago when it was a deep rut day at the track. But never went to the dr for it to be checked out lol, till a week ago when it got twice the size as my right knee this sucks! I don't know what to do?

RICE. Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation. Compression as in an ace bandage, tight but not so tight as to cut
off circulation. Works to relieve the swelling and pain, almost no matter the cause.

Torn meniscus will usually click or 'pop out'. Got that?

I tore my left knee up 2 years ago. Not sure exactly what the injury was (suspected meniscus tear). Saw a doctor and they had an ultrasound done and found out I developed a Bakers Cyst that kept it swollen for quite a while.

I bought a couple of compression sleeves for my knee and wore everyday for a couple months. Just like he said "RICE" and the sleeve took care of it.

[ Torn meniscus will usually click or 'pop out'. Got that? ].........This is exactly what I had as well. Still gives out now and again if I turn wrong.

I lived with a torn Meniscus for a couple years too. It finally folded under itself and I could no longer extend my leg. It's a fairly easy fix and recovery. Just get it done before you mess up your ACL.

I've got a tweeked knee also. Doesn't hurt at all during daily activities or riding. Only hurts when hiking down hill!? Weird . I've been wanted to get it checked out but surgery is not a option (too many buddy's with ACL surgeries ) and they still hurt! Or even worse

Ever try heat in moderation with an injury like that?

If the thing is still swollen, heat will at least make it feel better. Usually. Won't
make the swelling go down though.

Have you been diligent with the RICE? Are you on your feet most of the day?

My foot is 110%. Never really iced it much....Iced it a little, then applied heat to promote bloodflow to the bone to heal it. My foot was only swollen for the first 2 weeks. I use heat more than I use Ice and compression....seems to work better for me. Ligament/tendon injuries are so slow to heal becuase of the low volume of blood flow....heat helps bring more blood to the area. I can't see it enormously helping ligament/tendon injuries. Works for bones though!

Back