Tyler Bowers

It was pretty clear that Tyler has nothing with PC for outdoors, so it's all about next year at this point. And, most likely, he'll do what is best for him regarding money as it's a job that he makes his living doing. Tyler has been around the rough industry block already in the sport, and I think he knows where his bread is buttered best and he's not needing to "prove" himself anymore to anyone. If PC has a rash of injuries like they did this year to their riders, Mitch may ask him to ride again, but if they don't...... he can probably get away with younger riders for less money that are dying for a PC Ride. If I was Mitch at PC, I'd think I'd get rid of Rattray for sure unless he's on fire outdoors this year. DD is off the team for me too after 2 injury filled seasons unless he kills it outdoors too in my book. I need durable riders like Vince Friese on my bike riding it every week, I can't have my whole team on the IR list like this year.

Next year has AC all year, Baggett again most likely, and go after some up and comers. If they get hurt, pull Bowers again if you can. That's my opinion that is basically meaningless. I think Bowers will be in AX next year making plenty of money there.

I read where next season AX series is starting earlier and will be wrapped up before East Coast Lites begins. Maybe he will be doing both!?!?

That would be the cash cow. Winning the Ax series and a last minute sign on with PC. That's two w-2 forms to file by april of 2015 for TB. He'd be crazy not to do that.

Screw the "prove anything" crap! Make the cash tyler!

my question is this:
is TB satisfied with AX and riding for the money he makes there? Or does he desire to be a SX champ and move to the higher ranks. Does he want to grow or is he fine running where he makes a decent living? i know what my 40 year old answer would be and what my 19 year old answer would be. where is his desire is the simple question I suppose.
i did like his interview answers too! "He's an idiot!" i also like seeing him own his mistakes too. Kid seems mature. I would love to see him on the SX track!

I would hope he would strive to be the best. And that is testing your skills in SX and MX. He can always go back to AX.

Think you can scratch Bowers from a PC ride. This was just announced on RacerX:

Monster Energy Kawasaki Press Release
Irvine, Calif. – Monster Energy Kawasaki Team Green™ rider Adam Cianciarulo will be on the gate for the entire 2013 AMA Pro Motocross season with today’s announcement that the 16-year-old rider will make his professional debut on May18th at Hangtown. Cianciarulo will race for one of the most decorated teams in AMA motocross history as he joins the Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki stable riding the No. 292 Kawasaki KX™250F.

“I can’t wait for the season to start,” said Cianciarulo. “This is something I’ve been dreaming about since I saw my first ever supercross race when I was 4 years old. To be able to race for Mitch Payton and the Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki team is an honor. I am looking to learn a lot this year because everyone knows how good this team is and I know my job is to put more number one plates on the door of the truck.”

Cianciarulo is following in the footsteps of some of the greatest riders in the history of the sport as he makes the transition from Monster Energy Kawasaki Team Green to race professionally. While an amateur, the Port Orange, Fla. native became the winningest mini-bike rider in the history of the AMA Amateur Motocross National Championships at Loretta Lynn’s with 11 championships. After winning four titles at Loretta’s in the last two years, Cianciarulo put his name in the record books ahead of superstars like Ricky Carmichael, James Stewart and Ryan Villopoto.

“Adam is a testament to Kawasaki’s Team Green amateur racing program,” said Senior Manager of Kawasaki Racing Reid Nordin. “Like many supercross and motocross champions, Adam has grown up on green and I am excited to see how he continues to mature as a professional.”

Cianciarulo last raced his KX250F at the Monster Energy Cup in October in the Amateur All Star class where he finished second overall after finishing fifth in the first race and winning the second race. Following the Monster Energy Cup, Cianciarulo was injured and did not return to riding until February of this year. Since then he has been training to achieve his goal of lining up at the 2013 AMA Pro Motocross opener at Hangtown.

“Obviously we have been watching Adam for a long time,” said Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki’s Mitch Payton. “He is a special kid who will bring a lot to the team this summer. I know he has been working hard all spring to get ready to race and we are going to provide him with the best equipment on the track. It will also help him to have veteran teammates like Blake (Baggett), Martin (Davalos), Dean (Wilson) and Tyla (Rattray) who can help him as he makes the jump to professional racing.”

Cianciarulo will line up on the gate for his professional racing debut on Saturday, May 18 at The Hangtown Motocross Classic in Rancho Cordova, Calif.

Mitch has plenty of space. Or perhaps TB is out there on a 450 for PC!!

While that's still in the realm of possibility, it's highly doubtful. After the Broc Tickle experiment, don't think he will be shelling out any 450 rides for a while. In my opinion, they should drop Rattray or Davolos. They have both had plenty of opportunities and failed to produce. Rattray wants a 450 ride, Millsaps bike for outdoors? Also if Durham doesn't get back soon, say sai o nara. Weimer is a bust for the support he gets as well. Don't get me wrong, I'd kill to be that fast, but that guy whines more than a teenage girl and has done nothing to standout. I know he is a different team, but I'm sure Ol' Mitchy has some sway with Kawi.

"While that's still in the realm of possibility, it's highly doubtful. After the Broc Tickle experiment, don't think he will be shelling out any 450 rides for a while. In my opinion, they should drop Rattray or Davolos. They have both had plenty of opportunities and failed to produce. Rattray wants a 450 ride, Millsaps bike for outdoors? Also if Durham doesn't get back soon, say sai o nara. Weimer is a bust for the support he gets as well. Don't get me wrong, I'd kill to be that fast, but that guy whines more than a teenage girl and has done nothing to standout. I know he is a different team, but I'm sure Ol' Mitchy has some sway with Kawi."

Pretty sure Rattray and Wilson will be riding pro circuit 450's outdoors.

Wait till j law comes out and waxes everybody at h1.

Georgie.......you back on that crack pipe again? I bet J Law is not even a blip on the screen in the 250 class. That class is as loaded with talent as any point in a long time. I am probably looking more forward to seeing the 250s outdoors than the 450s.

People so quickly forget he won an east coast sx championship on a Yamaha. I bet he's far more than a blip on the map. The dude doesn't have to train or workout and he is blistering fast. If he's training some people are in trouble.

Great video of the take out of Wharton. I love the mechanic or Bowers dad in the background yelling, "that's my boy"........I believe they were pleased with the move by TB.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/at1Bnk-gwi0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back