AC will be on the gate at Hangtown!

Original44

PR Addict
This is from RacerX:

Monster Energy Kawasaki Press Release

Irvine, Calif. – Monster Energy Kawasaki Team Green™ rider Adam Cianciarulo will be on the gate for the entire 2013 AMA Pro Motocross season with today’s announcement that the 16-year-old rider will make his professional debut on May18th at Hangtown. Cianciarulo will race for one of the most decorated teams in AMA motocross history as he joins the Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki stable riding the No. 292 Kawasaki KX™250F.

“I can’t wait for the season to start,” said Cianciarulo. “This is something I’ve been dreaming about since I saw my first ever supercross race when I was 4 years old. To be able to race for Mitch Payton and the Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki team is an honor. I am looking to learn a lot this year because everyone knows how good this team is and I know my job is to put more number one plates on the door of the truck.”

Cianciarulo is following in the footsteps of some of the greatest riders in the history of the sport as he makes the transition from Monster Energy Kawasaki Team Green to race professionally. While an amateur, the Port Orange, Fla. native became the winningest mini-bike rider in the history of the AMA Amateur Motocross National Championships at Loretta Lynn’s with 11 championships. After winning four titles at Loretta’s in the last two years, Cianciarulo put his name in the record books ahead of superstars like Ricky Carmichael, James Stewart and Ryan Villopoto.

“Adam is a testament to Kawasaki’s Team Green amateur racing program,” said Senior Manager of Kawasaki Racing Reid Nordin. “Like many supercross and motocross champions, Adam has grown up on green and I am excited to see how he continues to mature as a professional.”

Cianciarulo last raced his KX250F at the Monster Energy Cup in October in the Amateur All Star class where he finished second overall after finishing fifth in the first race and winning the second race. Following the Monster Energy Cup, Cianciarulo was injured and did not return to riding until February of this year. Since then he has been training to achieve his goal of lining up at the 2013 AMA Pro Motocross opener at Hangtown.

“Obviously we have been watching Adam for a long time,” said Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki’s Mitch Payton. “He is a special kid who will bring a lot to the team this summer. I know he has been working hard all spring to get ready to race and we are going to provide him with the best equipment on the track. It will also help him to have veteran teammates like Blake (Baggett), Martin (Davalos), Dean (Wilson) and Tyla (Rattray) who can help him as he makes the jump to professional racing.”

Cianciarulo will line up on the gate for his professional racing debut on Saturday, May 18 at The Hangtown Motocross Classic in Rancho Cordova, Calif.

Covered in the tybo post. Him and bell are such small guys. Can't believe how little they are! I bet ac will be running RV out of the kx tent in 5 years.

Cool stuff for sure. Guess that boots Bowers out of the tent if he was ever actually in it after SX. I like that Bell too. What happened to him? I know he had some spectacular get offs early in the SX series, but thought he was OK. Thery are some small dudes...

Pretty sure Bell crashed every race. He finally through in the towel for the last few rounds to start getting ready for outdoors.

Don't forget that Cooper Webb will also be on the gate at Hangtown. A lot of talk on Vital that Webb will do better than AC this year. The 250 class will be fun to watch.

I think Webb and AC will find each other on the track a lot this year. Should be fun to watch.

This move was pretty much a guarentee once Webb stated he wouldnt be race LL this year. I hope the best for AC, I got to watch him ride on little bikes a few different times, and he just rips.

I think that with AC skipping LL, this gives Bisceglia the top spot at the ranch in the pro class.

I too think Cooper Webb will be good outdoors.

Didn't PC have someone in the 450 class last year? Perhaps TB in the 450 class on a PC bike? He's been out practicing on a 450 this week.

Will be interesting to see...Doesn't matter how many 30+2 laps you do in practice, you can't replicate a race until you actually do one..Can never replicate the actually event itself..

Why does Rattray keep coming back, and coming back. Hes good, dont get me wrong. But he seems to get alot of free passes with Mitch Payton. I can only remember that one year outdoors (2010? 2011?) he had a good 250 overall finish. Whats the deal there?

Why does Rattray keep coming back, and coming back. Hes good, dont get me wrong. But he seems to get alot of free passes with Mitch Payton. I can only remember that one year outdoors (2010? 2011?) he had a good 250 overall finish. Whats the deal there?
Must have been smart and got an awesome multi year contract signed from the get go.

Back