Got a Decade Class or Bomber Class bike and wanna race?

NQ1965

PR Elite
Saturday May 11, Action Sports Racing, Athens, is holding round #2 of their Grand Prix race series.

My boy is already talking trash to me seeking reckoning for his defeat to dad a couple weeks back. :)

Good opportunity to race that 10 year old or older bike of yours. We then race the age group vet races in the afternoon. Always a blast.

You know I do and the '96 was my only old bike to survive last weekend intact until the '83 fell over on it in the trailer on the way home to beat it up. Are those bikes trying to tell me something? ;)

You know, as each season pass's I find myself getting kind of quirky or fickle about certain things that to others may simply think I'm just being difficult or maybe senseless about. :)

I originally planned on it, but having second thoughts now. Part of the reason I have kept the 98 CR is because it's a bomber class bike and has been very reliable. Although not the best motocross bike it has served very well in the GP's.
My boy Anthony loves the GP series races and thrives on this rivalry we have competing against each other, so I don't want to change that right away. Then when I line up with the 40+ guys I want to be able to hang with them with the hopes of ending up in the top three. I don't need to tell you how competitive and fast the 40+ and 50+ boys are. If your not on a comparable machine your last.

I was going to have to ride my 03 YZ250 today had the race not been rained out due to a clutch issue on the CR, and I wasn't too thrilled about that, even though it is legal as a decade class. It's just that my 03 YZ is my most modern MX racer and I like to keep it that way. GP's and Hare Scrambles give a bike quite a work out going for an hour, and so there's a bit more wear and tear. I like to save the CR for that.

The MX250 exceeded my expectations in Vintage motocross, and I was very surprised how easy it really was to adapt and ride it. I also found that it seriously lacks bottom end torque and is happiest up on the pipe.

SOOOOOOOOO..... that being said I'm gonna buy me an MX360 for GP's, Cross Country and Vintage Hare Scrambles. I like that the bikes and parts are plentiful and they are easy to work on and build. And I am gonna look for a back-up MX250 as well.

Bit of a long winded answer, sorry. Are any of you guys that way too?

And.......... On 6/22 I will be racing the AHRMA race at Smith Rd. Won't you? :)

Forgot about Smith but my bikes would need some work to race there. Sounds like a good day to get some decade points at AS. ;)

IMG_0775-M.jpg

Had fun cruising on the old 360 again. If you don't push it too hard it is a comfortable bike.

Back