TOP TEN OHIO Fast Dudes ?

RupertX

PR Elite
As part of my article coming out for the latest OMA Newsletter, I wondered aloud - of all Ohio's current fast Pro / Expert / A motocross racers, how would you

figure out the fastest guy, or at least a top ten...?

Or, must we wait for the three (3) rounds of the OMA's Battle For Ohio - to figure it out ?

And, would that be a fair and balanced formula to publicly proclaim that one particular individual - can now lay claim to " Fastest Buckeye Motocross Racer" ?

If you had to pick and rank a current top-ten of active Ohio fast guys, please do so....

Or a top-five or top ONE, would work...

After watching OMA races at Briarcliff and Chilitown, I'm super impressed with Bad Brad Baker,Colin Thomas, Koty Howard, Jacob Berger and Logan Pfleiderer. How do they stack up against guys like Gibson/ Ames/ Rife/ Browning etc... ? I don't know... Hopefully we shall get to see most of Ohio's super fast dudes battle it out some this year...

Outdoors, Arenacross, Practice? Narrow it down Rup, you could have a list for each. One of the fastest at my track for practice is Shawn Rife. JGibby and Willy B are very fast as well. I would love to see all three out there for a session, and throw Logan P and Jacob Gerber in there too. That would be worth somethingto watch.

Right now it seems for racing, Tyler Bowers is at the top for Ohio, if he would race in Ohio. He did at one time.

Outdoors, Arenacross, Practice? Narrow it down Rup, you could have a list for each. One of the fastest at my track for practice is Shawn Rife. JGibby and Willy B are very fast as well. I would love to see all three out there for a session, and throw Logan P and Jacob Gerber in there too. That would be worth somethingto watch.

Right now it seems for racing, Tyler Bowers is at the top for Ohio, if he would race in Ohio. He did at one time.

Yup, TY is on his game, fo sho. I'm talking motocross. Say a 6 lap race at BC - if you lined up Ohio's current 40 fastest dudes - who would be in your top-ten or five or one ?

We cannot forget, either, guys like Krieg, Herrlein, Kilbarger, Primavera, Carr, Skaggs, Willard, etc....

I think the tough part is they are not all on the same stage at the same time. I think Herrlein and Kilbarger are the only two consistently on the biggest stage now and I think Herrlein wins that fight recently.

Last year Gibson seemed to finish higher than all other Ohio-ins in all the nationals he rode.

As of now who else from Ohio can claim they made the East-West shootout this year?

My vote for numero uno is Daniel Herrlein at present time!

Not really an Ohio guy either, but rides here quite a bit and even posts on Pitracer is Mike McDade. He was scoring points in the Nationals last year when he rode them and was really on his game. He's another guy that deserves mention since he rides in Ohio quite a bit.

Not really an Ohio guy either, but rides here quite a bit and even posts on Pitracer is Mike McDade. He was scoring points in the Nationals last year when he rode them and was really on his game. He's another guy that deserves mention since he rides in Ohio quite a bit.

he does live in ohio currently

I think you have to figure out what you're measuring first Rup. How do you measure fast? Lap times? Unless you have the top 50 guys on the same track at the same time lap times will differ. Even if you did manage this, the fastest guy might have a bad day. Also what if a supermini dude is faster does he count? The only measurement should be race results in whatever class you're trying to measure. Some dude makes a pass at practice that doesn't mean much to me. Show up on the gate and the first one across the finish line is the fastest.

Once you realize you need to use race results how do you judge fast? James was the fastest rider a few times this year but finished 9th overall so in my opinion RV is the fastest rider on the planet this year, but we just call him the champ, so maybe we're looking for a list of the top ten Ohio champions? Are we talking about 2013, all time or this decade? Gibby, Zach, Willy, Skaggs, Williard, all top 10 in AX 2013 points. Kilbarger, Herrlein, and Rife all earned national SX points. There's my short list. I think maybe I'll throw in the only two #1 plates I've seen at Ohio tracks from Burkhart and Jones and another I just haven't visually seen from Semics and there you have it. If someone else is faster I challenge them to show up on the gate and prove it.

Im with Rup on Brock. He might be the fastest to ever come from here. Or at least that went the farthest as far as pro rankings and whatnot. In my moto lifetime at least. Then eve today he just might roll up and smoke em all on his ring dinger.

Based on what I've seen the last couple years , if probably have Gibby & Rife in the top two slots, not neccessarily in that order... Slightly off topic, remember that year at OIRs pro day -when two random dudes from NZ or Australia killed everyone ? Who were those masked men?

Colin Thomas really impressed me a few weeks ago at COCR.

That dude was sick. There was one tiny rutt in the corner I was flagging before the big mound and he'd come flying through dragging elbows and handlebars.

If we are going to talk all time you have to throw Buehler, Eickel, and Steel in there. They have all done there fair share of SX and National work!!

Current, guys that still race in Ohio. Whether every weekend or sporadically. I think a lot of these fast young guns will come out for the money races in the OMA Battle series....be interesting fo sho

Back