Bike only? Quad only?

Just curious how many bike only or quad only tracks are around... We don't ever get many quads at our tracks. Is it worth loosing a few dollars by making tracks a bike only facility? We are NOT saying we are bike only or quad only at all. Just wanted to know riders thoughts? Thanks for all the support!!

I don't understand why some tracks can make itwork and others refuse to try. Beans and Briarcliff have never had quad or bike only days and their tracks have no problem with both vehicles at the same time.

Rarely will i ever race at a track that has quads. Bike only events. A bike guy will ride 2 or three classes. Quad guys one.

Just got back from riding at Beans and they had everything out on the track at once. Everyone got along fine. Everyone I passed or got passed by gave plenty of room and nothing really sketchy happened.

Just curious how many bike only or quad only tracks are around... We don't ever get many quads at our tracks. Is it worth loosing a few dollars by making tracks a bike only facility? We are NOT saying we are bike only or quad only at all. Just wanted to know riders thoughts? Thanks for all the support!!

Oh my, here comes the hornets nest! Lol. I don't see the big deal of having both myself. It is usually the bike guys that whine about the quads. I don't ride a quad by the way, just saying. There are not many quad riders out there, so if a few show up what's the big deal. As someone else posted it works at other places. Now, as you know my kid rides both, and we are always looking to practice both. Once a track goes bike only we don't go. A quad only day would not pay for your time of being open, unless it is a one off event like the Cliff is having in June. It may pay off or break even if you had them every so often. Ohio has a strong national following for quads, the season is quite long and not much time to race or practice locally. June will be a good month for quads as we take a break from the circus.

Rarely will i ever race at a track that has quads. Bike only events. A bike guy will ride 2 or three classes. Quad guys one.
that's because everyone does bikes only. i'm not a quad rider, but i have no problem with quads. they're just trying to ride too. honestly, i would say DON'T do bikes only. if you have barely any quads that show up as it is.. just leave it then. that means there won't be hardly any there. but don't ruin the fun for the few quads that actually DO want to ride.

that's because everyone does bikes only. i'm not a quad rider, but i have no problem with quads. they're just trying to ride too. honestly, i would say DON'T do bikes only. if you have barely any quads that show up as it is.. just leave it then. that means there won't be hardly any there. but don't ruin the fun for the few quads that actually DO want to ride.

As a quad rider I appreciate this kind of response from a bike rider. Let the quads that show up ride!

Why will you rarely race at a track that has quads? Not trying to stir up anything I just want to know why.

I remember when I first started riding it was always both.... Somewhere along the way everyone started acting like pros and complaining about it

Haha what a great way to stir the bees! The answer is not "what should I do," its "are you willing to maintain a track throughout the day to accommodate both." Some tracks do it great, other tracks are running themselves into the ground. One thing is for certain, and that is bikes will show. Now quads on the other hand, they're a breed of there own. There's always couple vocal quad riders and parents that will fight to the death on this issue, but the truth is they don't support local practice tracks.

But hey its your track, try the 11-3 bikes and 3-Dark bikes and quads. Realistically who wants to ride the second half of the day on a hot weekend. So good luck with that idea.

In my opinion the best way to approach the issue on hand is to consult who is doing it right, Braircliff MX. Im sure if one were to go there and watch his operation one would see how/what is involved with making it achievable. I'm no track owner but i'd think there's little more to it then turning little dirt then adding some water!

Haha what a great way to stir the bees! The answer is not "what should I do," its "are you willing to maintain a track throughout the day to accommodate both." Some tracks do it great, other tracks are running themselves into the ground. One thing is for certain, and that is bikes will show. Now quads on the other hand, they're a breed of there own. There's always couple vocal quad riders and parents that will fight to the death on this issue, but the truth is they don't support local practice tracks.

But hey its your track, try the 11-3 bikes and 3-Dark bikes and quads. Realistically who wants to ride the second half of the day on a hot weekend. So good luck with that idea.

In my opinion the best way to approach the issue on hand is to consult who is doing it right, Braircliff MX. Im sure if one were to go there and watch his operation one would see how/what is involved with making it achievable. I'm no track owner but i'd think there's little more to it then turning little dirt then adding some water!

Yep there two more things you need; thick skin and a dome, both still on back order.........

I fully understand it takes more time and effort to run both, which equals higher cost for prep. With that said , it should always be both ! Mx is the one true family sport , we all need to coexist and enjoy the great sport ! When I get to a ride day I'm there to do just that , not single anyone out because they have a preference that differs from mine. Safe riding !!!

I fully understand it takes more time and effort to run both, which equals higher cost for prep. With that said , it should always be both ! Mx is the one true family sport , we all need to coexist and enjoy the great sport ! When I get to a ride day I'm there to do just that , not single anyone out because they have a preference that differs from mine. Safe riding !!!
i would have to agree. we are a family in the sport of motocross. don't single someone out just because they prefer quads over bikes. i go to the cliff and beans a lot, and have never had problems passing or being passed. if i know i'm about to be passed, i hold my line and let them go around.. doesn't make a difference if its a quad or bike passing me. if you wanna single one group of people out.. next thing you know people will single others out. sorry, hondas and kawis ONLY. no one else can come. it just doesn't make sense. everyone wants to ride and have fun, let them do it.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. There is great potential out there to add revenue from quad riders if you are willing to work hard over time and find innovative and cost effective ways and tap into it. You have to understand that it will be a work in progress, and that quad riders and their practice habits, and their numbers differ from bikes, so using the same strategy and frequency, and putting the word "quads" instead of "bikes" on there will not yield the same results. Some tracks have a long established quad following, but people tend to look do a lot of guessing and arguing as to why. Keep your eyes on Smith Rd. and the things they are trying to ease quads in to a track that traditionally does not have a quad following for practices. It may take a couple of years, but I think you'll be seeing some enviable turnouts down the road.

Back