DirtWorld Set Practice Session Bar!

Zman

PR Addict
In my opinion, and I am not starting a board war. I think we need to commend these tracks when they take efforts and listen to what this forum has to offer. This is one such instance. Aside from that being a really fun track, I just want to point out that practice session format can be done to make the majority happy, keep it as safe as possible, and most importantly have fun.

Yesterday, big bike, quad, and 50-85's. 3 sessions running every 12 minutes, with exception to a 2:00P track prep. When the bikes were pulled off the track for a session, the next session commenced immediately. Mitchy was on the track all day long, probably 6-7 sessions, and was cooked when the day was over. No rider, unless by choice, sat for more than 25-30 minutes. Turnout was good as there were plenty of big bikes, but the track was large enough and wide enough to accomodate this. I could see, based on turnout, the need, in some cases to have 2 big bike groups, but no need to break out quads or 50-85cc bikes. I do not think there were mini-quads, but they could have been lumped with the 50cc-85's.

Track staff held a little riders meeting with parents and kids for the 50cc-85cc riders and emphasized the following: 1. hold your line, 2. you will all have to learn to ride together, share the track and must use good judgement. 3. If you are not comfortable riding in this group, utilize the little track. 4. Had a flagger on face of obstacles that could present risk to a slower rider as a faster rider could land on them. 5. Have fun.

Worked out well as there were about 25 50-85cc riders on the track at the same time and to my knowledge, no issues of riders having problems with the 50's or slower 65 and 85cc riders. This raw unedited video shows one lap of one the sessions.. Mitchy is out early on his 50 only to have 65cc rider Maley, #77, out run him to the first left corner...to Talboo, #25 and Lewandowski, #259..both on 85cc's to get past safely. Was great for Mitchy to be able to run with his buddies and faster kids...does him good. It also allows anyone riding ample time on the track.

[video=youtube_share;oEsbuLY-qmE]http://youtu.be/oEsbuLY-qmE[/video]

..as a side note...Mitchy said the 50cc has nothing left to offer on the straights...and gets pulled by the 85's. I had to tell him, that is expected junior! Cracks me up that he wants to try and run with the 65/85 riders..talk about a rabbit so to speak, to chase? really...

Thanks to DirtWorld staff.

This is exactly the post we need. Puts perspective on practice day.

Awesome.

Mitch hauls. Those 8 pack jumps are nothin for him. That's some serious distance for the 50cc riders. Shingleton and #37 ( I know his name but it escapes me right now) were crackin' it all day.

And adults tend not to give credit where credit is due to the little guys. They are a lot smarter than you think. Maley checked up, then took a look see behind him before the 8 pack so they wouldn't collide. And the other two 85's had some serious comforting distance between themselves and Mitch.

Mitch was great, swimmingly singled the big double, held his line and didn't look back or sway. These kids know whats up!

You the man Zman! Gonna give a deeper response tomorrow. Good to see everyone every weekend. You all are like family to me in a lot ways! Brap!

Sweet vid Z-man. Mitchy sure has that little bike rung out down the straights.
He must be taking some good roost from the 85's as well.

Sweet vid Z-man. Mitchy sure has that little bike rung out down the straights.
He must be taking some good roost from the 85's as well.

Thanks guys.. Yeah he seems to be running that 50 in the upper R's lately, making good decisions, and having fun. No pressure on my end as it seems to work best with him. He is not afraid to let her rip. As far as the roost.. Yeah sounds bad on video, but not one complaint nor does he mention it. Just keeps trying to run with them and loves every minute of it...he was proud of himself busting off the doubles in the 8 pack session.

@georgie...jake hull is 37..good buds with Mitchy and is a good rider that has 1 more year on 50's. He went to Loretta's last year in the 4-6 Stock1 class.

Yep he's from painesville, not too far from me. I follow all the local little guys on mylaps live during the big show.....awesome to see how quick they are.

And how bout Maley....
DSC_6692-L.jpg

Yeah.. Watched Trevor bust that out all day...he is special on a bike... Not too many obstacles at tracks he can't do on that 65! Mitchy asked about hitting that double... I waved him off like a pitcher does a catcher! Too many big races the next month with 4 LL regionals to take a chance. At least he listens... Once and awhile! Lol!

There were two 65's hitting it sunday, thats a hell of a jump for those little guys! Really cool to watch!

I bet mitch could crack it on the 50 going way wide in the berm. (Dont let mitch read this, lol. I don't wanna give him fuel for the ideas he already has.) Come out to Dirtworld after Loretta's and we will be there with the cameras!

I bet mitch could crack it on the 50 going way wide in the berm. (Dont let mitch read this, lol. I don't wanna give him fuel for the ideas he already has.) Come out to Dirtworld after Loretta's and we will be there with the cameras!

It's on.. Yeah no doubt railing the outside would get it done! I'm bringing my ride also.

Back