Great Job Ballance!

Vet261

PR Addict
Heading home after a great day of racing.

Poured rain in the morning to ruin it for the HS guys, they had a muddy go of it.

MX practice was muddy and slick but they had left the track packed down so that was good.

By the motos it started getting really good! Really fun track, maybe a few more jumps than most of the crowd is used to.

Light turnout too bad more people didn't support all their work.

Started raining again for the final moto of the day and made it a little slick but not bad.

Next round Log Rd!

Definitely a fun track. Lots of jumps, long start straight . 5 lap motos.
Too bad on the low turnout. 83-85 degrees and humid.
Balance is a nice facility and staff was very welcoming. We will be back. Missed all the ohio regulars. You missed a good one

I had a great time.. only rode the harescramble.. wish I would have just rode the mx instead... great job Balance!

Worked out well that the rain held off for the rest of the day but still had enough cloud cover to keep the temps down!

I had gone to the dual sport ride at Hanging Rock on my KTM Xc300 on Saturday and that totally kicked my ass. The friends I went to Hanging Rock with took my orange bike back home and a big thanks to Jim598 for hauling my old RM250 down to Ballance so that I was able to drive straight from the Jackson area to KY after the dual sport. I was feeling pretty sore on Sunday but had one REALLY bad ill timed cramp when I went to start my bike on the line for the 1st moto as the 2 minute board was coming out...just could not get a decent kick going with the cramp happening. A huge thanks to Pit261 for getting off his bike and hopping on my bike to start it! Whew...I really thought I was going have a wasted trip to Kentucky when I couldn't even give my bike a decent kick to get it started. I also have to thank Ibubrofen for a second moto that was cramp free!

The non-current class was a good one to watch with Jim598's son Ryan racing another fast guy on a 96 CR250. The two of them were haggling in both motos and I believe they were the only ones doing a huge double that had quite a gap and a 2nd jump face that you wouldn't want to come up short on. After swapping 1st and 2nd in both motos, Ryan came out on top in that class.

Haha! I had an interesting event of helping others!
First Mooch couldn't start his bike with the 2 card up, so I had him hold mine while I started his.
Next incident was Non-Current and Jack Babet running in 2nd, falls and is stuck under his bike in the back section with nobody around. I stopped and pulled his bike off him and didn't lose a spot! (actually gained one by Jack being down, haha).
Finally, Beenridin shows up on the gate and then notices he has 2 sprocket bolts gone and other loose....I stood next to my bike with my hand up for about 5 minutes to have them wait for him to return.

Then the last moto of the day, Jack lines up next to me and says "omg I'm so tired...." I'm like -- hey, wait a second here, I raced three classes, did all of the above, AND I'm 25 years older and 80lbs heavier!

Such fun times! Always an adventure.

Ryan and the other dude on the CR (Allen Donneth) absolutely fly. We all went off as one gate (Non-current A and B/C) and those guys lapped all the way up to just behind me.

The guy that won non-current b/c was on an '89 CR500. I was right behind him at the beginning of the second moto and thought to myself "let me see if I can hang with this dude...." We come around to that big double in the back, and he hucks it from the inside! At that point I realized I was racing for 2nd.......

Finally, Beenridin shows up on the gate and then notices he has 2 sprocket bolts gone and other loose....I stood next to my bike with my hand up for about 5 minutes to have them wait for him to return.

I bet Mike's heart rate was beating at an all time high?
Sounds like one of them nightmares that wakes you mid-night. :) Panic as you look down and have no sprocket bolts , and that starters 1 second card is like 10ft tall.... :) Too Funny!

The guy that won non-current b/c was on an '89 CR500. I was right behind him at the beginning of the second moto and thought to myself "let me see if I can hang with this dude...." We come around to that big double in the back, and he hucks it from the inside! At that point I realized I was racing for 2nd.......

Where is the mighty RM500 when you need it? Gone 2 owners away now...... Damn!

Back