Motoland making a comeback?!?!

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Saw this on Facebook from Motoland in Indiana:

[h=5]MOTOLAND
[/h][h=5]new watering system puts Motoland in a class all by itself. no joke. we are opening. July 2013. stay tuned. oh and by the way the drainage system??? it can rain a "100 year rain" as they say - all others will close and we will still open. hows that for working hard for our guys. see you soon.[/h]
This is a track worth making a trip for a practice day, especially if you like sand riding. It's really fun and you get a ton of track time at practice, more than almost anyone can ride in a day.

Saw this on Facebook from Motoland in Indiana:

[h=5]MOTOLAND
[/h][h=5]new watering system puts Motoland in a class all by itself. no joke. we are opening. July 2013. stay tuned. oh and by the way the drainage system??? it can rain a "100 year rain" as they say - all others will close and we will still open. hows that for working hard for our guys. see you soon.[/h]
This is a track worth making a trip for a practice day, especially if you like sand riding. It's really fun and you get a ton of track time at practice, more than almost anyone can ride in a day.

A 100 year event would shut down any event. I have the data, just sayin'

All sand, so they can handle AS MUCH WATER as any other track out there. It's really a fun track to ride and they usually split the track in half (each half has an over 2.5 minute lap time) and run two groups at once on different halves. The biggest obstacle is remembering where you are on the track and what you are jumping! They also run some Warrior Dash type events at the location as well. I can only imagine running in deep sand how tiring that would be.

All sand, so they can handle AS MUCH WATER as any other track out there. It's really a fun track to ride and they usually split the track in half (each half has an over 2.5 minute lap time) and run two groups at once on different halves. The biggest obstacle is remembering where you are on the track and what you are jumping! They also run some Warrior Dash type events at the location as well. I can only imagine running in deep sand how tiring that would be.

It looks really cool. Sand would suck to run in for sure.

Just FYI, I pulled some numbers and they just may be right. Sand usually passes water at a rate of 3-4" per hour. I did some design up in Twinsburg recently, and a 100 year event up there produced 4.6"of rain fall over a 24 hour period. So its theoretically possible for them to handle a 100 year event. You will still need tear offs however.

Back