Home Security - Self systems or company systems?

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Which route to go? I need something. I know most of the crimes happen so quick, but I still want that deterrent.

Should I build my own system around the house with sensors or just call a private company and pay the money for them to monitor.?

Who do you use? And has it helped you?

I was looking at Alarm force, Front-point. I've pretty much read ADT isn't the best bet.......but I have no idea. Since last thursday, I've secured my home with more deadbolts, boarded up the garage window but i'm sure I want a security system now that these screwballs know what I have.

You want a professional company. When your equipment breaks, who comes to fix it and or course making it look professional. It is cheaper to do it yourself, but sometimes it is worth the money. 1-888-420-8588 Southeast Security.

The one thing I wish everyone would do is install motion sensitive lighting. Put them up high enough that the bad guy cannot reach the bulbs... Think of it like this, If your a bad guy and you start to approach a house and all the sudden the flood lights kick on, your gonna run away... IMO, it's a quick, low cost and easy install.

My Father is an installer for ADT.. they seem to have some pretty cool options. I personally have a DIY home security system. Lots of wireless IP cameras and a computer dedicated to monitoring everything.

The one thing I wish everyone would do is install motion sensitive lighting. Put them up high enough that the bad guy cannot reach the bulbs... Think of it like this, If your a bad guy and you start to approach a house and all the sudden the flood lights kick on, your gonna run away... IMO, it's a quick, low cost and easy install.

I have to agree that motion lights are so cheap and simple to install, and they are a huge deterrent. In our house, the dogs hear the "click" outside and start barking as well. They have them now that are low power LED, battery operated, so you can mount them on trees or fence posts without having to be an electrician.

I did also install security cameras where they are easily seen, which record data in a DVR which is constantly being backed up offsite as well.

Had motion lights all around the house. Those thieves didn't give a crap about the light being on. And it was almost day break. It's not pitch black at 5:18am. I just can't believe these *******s.

Really to me if they want to come back they're going to come back. I just want to be home when it happens.

I Have a Rental that was broken into while the guy was away for the weekend some time ago.
After Law Enforcment took the report he mentioned one of the least expensive ways to protect property is a 40 watt bulb (back lighting) your property. The key is the (back lighting) as it casts shadows. Front porch light may be a deterrent, but can actually help conceal someone in the back of the house or buildings by hiding in the shadows in the back behind the lighted area.

I know this isn't the same level protection at all but just FYI to share...

Back