Dirt World Dust Settled - Purposed for OHMX

Strouble

PR Addict
PitRacer Staff - I know you locked the previous "Classes" thread, but I am at the center of this debate in a sense and I need to share my testimony to resolve or atleast influence resolve in this matter for the future of OHMX and OMA; that means the riding community.

***Please keep a close eye on this thread, at the first sign of immaturity...please lock the thread.

I expect anyone who posts in the this thread to check your attitude at the door because bad attitudes don't jive, that includes mine.

I am going to do my best to be objective here, but honest.

My name is Jarrett Strouble. Folks get my name mixed up alot, not a big deal. I often say it fast when someon asks and they respond "OK Jerry" (I speak to fast at times, I really struggle with saying "chocolate chip" especially when I want a cookie.) I forget folks names all the time and end up asking some people their name many times before I finaly remember it. Doesn't mean I don't care about them, it means I meet alot of people (sometimes long periods of time pass between seeing them) or my mind isn't 100% focused or because I have killed off brain cells before (no more of that!) It does matter to us people that we get names right. As for me, it won't get my britches in a bunch (I also have sort of a unusual name too.) Thanks for sticking up for me JO, but not a big deal. Georgie doesn't even put a "t" at the end of my name, he calls me "Jarrod" which many people do, Georgie must not think to much of me, but He is sticking up for me and so is Rick! Thank you Rick for the coffee and your son's help. I hope you and anyone will come back to the track after after having a problem to be apart of the MX Family. We should be enjoying each other and the time spent at the track than just the riding or racing. I do come to the tracks to make friends and be friendly, to enjoy motocross together. I hope we can be a people that care for each other and show each other kindness.

I asked Jason and Jeremy to work for them this season. I desired to go to all the al the tracks for the sake of OHMX; to help ensure the longevity of OHMX no matter my role. They did not assign me as a an authority figure, I am not an "OMA Officical" but I am a upfront person for sure, I can enforce rules, I can be a trustworthy influence with decisions, but I don't make them. I have authority as foreman for the flagging/track crew at OIR, Malvern, and BC. People often come to me with all kinds of issues and praises. Thank you for the praises folks! I am not always the answer. People respect me as a person, someone to trust, and folks know I will try to help them and see maters through (I am not perfect, I will let you down), that I take with a serious responsibility to folks and hold myself accountable to. I am also easy to find being 6'5" with red-hair, I just plain stick out no matter what; authority or not, whether I want to or not. The OMA races is a work a progress so folks can get timly resolve and I have to learn to trust the other staff members as well and vice versa.

With people comes problems; I am pointing to myself here first and foremost and then others. Just ask Jason if I have ever screwed up or made a wrong decision...yikes!!! He will say a bold "yes" of sorts. Has Jason or Jeremy screwed up or made a wrong decision? Yes! Have you? Yes! The point is we are all screwed up in a screwed up world and we so happen to love this thing called motocross.

Over the recent weeks I have been really bummed out with the MX scene as a whole, people have high expectations (which OMA has brought on themselves and overall I think we are acheving that, but have lots and lots of growing to do and so do you) and we people get bad attitudes. Their is folks that understand and their is folks that only see their side of the fence. I have been getting tore up lately because I am in the middle of the MX community, my fault or not. What breaks my heart the most is that we get so upset over motocross operation. When it comes to safety, I can for sure understand being upset and rightfully so in some cases. I apologize many times even if it is not my personal fault, but because "we" are the MX Community. "We" are responsible to each other. OMA is responsible for every thing happening under their umbrella of MX events their fault or not. It happens on their turf and they are responsible for resolve and good leadership. Yes being kind get's the best of me at times whether I make a wrong decision or folks take advantage of me. I am learning and gaining confidence in standing for what is right and going to the right people for problem solving. More than times kindness doesn't work it has put out fires, so I am not changing from being kind-hearted, just got to learn to be real more and more and folks should be kinder than we are in this world. I attempt to go the extra mile as much as I can in any matter, we need more of that in motocross and surely in life. I am mentioning myself alot in all this because I am in the center of this matter as well, I am just sharing my testimony. I try and am going the extra mile for motcoross and all matters in life for that matter so we can have joy in life. The folks at the track are some of the best friends I have been blessed with. It breaks my heart to see us in division and upset when things happen.

When conflict arises, often the true nature or attitude of someone comes out in the heat of the battle. Someone can be nice and cool all the time and turn into a monster when something goes wrong. I have seen this alot and have been guilty of it too whether at the track or work or family or whatever circumstance. Trust is a hard issue of the heart because we are all capable of jumping off the deep end, don't think yoursefl to be beyond that. I hope and pray to see our MX Family be a solid family, which by in large it is, but we have some growing up to do as well.

In the cases of which riders ride with which on the track is a hard one to solve and changes from practice to practice or race to race. We have to learn to ride together on the track and be mindful of each other to be safe out there so we can enjoy riding...it's that simple. That is what needs to happen on practice days and race days. If you have a problem, bring it up but not with a bad attitude. We have got to work together or else it will all fail. We have got be willing to be told the truth and tell the truth.

I do not play favorites. I search for truth, righteousness, and peace when making decisions at the track or in life. Thats what I stand for, do I always behave that way...NO! My name is Jarrett and I have a problem...the problem is me in my life everyday before anyone or anything else. I appreciate the kindness folks show, but it doesn't mean because your nice to me that I am going to compromise what's right. On Sunday, I should have let the moto format stand. I only made the change because I didn't want to see a fight regardless if the class structure was right or not, which I did question the vet class being in that moto in my own mind but that doesn't give me the right to change it. It was on the fly and not in my authority, but separation seemed to be the only likely answer in an instant with no major backlash and with understandable disappointment to riders or staff. No matter which way I acted, I was getting in trouble with someone. I chose to get in trouble with the staff and not the riders. Georgie, was on me and sign-up was on me for the decision I made...what they were saying was right but they didn't see what happened at the gate. I eventually turned the radio off right in front of Hershey because I just couldn't take it anymore, I had to move on at the gate. I didn't mean to undermine anyone's authority, I was just trying to extinguish a flash fire that I didn't handle entirlely right. I should have delayed and consulted with the referee and/or staff and promoter before making a decision; which is why JO came up to the line the second moto. Hershey is also the one that wanted 5 laps since it was promised to the Vet class before splitting the classes up, so I said yes. Georgie, sign-up and I apologozed to each other and moved on. Conflict will happen, it's just how we deal with it. Personally, would I have put vet class with that moto? No. Was it still safe...yes! This also falls in line with us learning to share the track in a practice or race circumstance because we all want to ride. After seeing the majority opinion about this incident...the decision to let the moto stand as originally formatted is the correct one. The second moto with all original classes worked out fine on the track in a racing scenario.

Yes, we came off like jerk's at the rider's meeting trying to enforce safety. We will work on our attitude. We can get the point across by being real with you folks and not jerkish! The DirtWorld Double was a huge concern for safety from everyone...we also cautioned folks at the gate to stay to the right if your not jumping it. I apologize for our rudeness. None of us say or do the right thing in all matters, but most of us try to. I don't agree with 85's riding with the schoolboy class, and nor do I agree with watering jump faces and some landings. We are not perfect, I don't always get my way and neither do you. We all have to search for what is right and be willing to conform to what is right especially when it means we are wrong or it is something we don't want.

We should be having a great time at the track, not being up in arm's and at each other's throats. At the very end of the day was a huge conflict in the pits between two families that was just nuts...I was in the middle again making peace and brokenhearted over our attitudes as people thinking "what can I do to help?"

I am real impressed with Shane, the owner of DirtWorld. He is a hardowrking father, with a hardworking wife. He is a down to earth person and thinks sensibly. We busted but to get the starting gate in shape for you folks. That was the most popular question on saturday..."Are they going to do something with the gate?" Thank you to everyone for making motocross happen in a way we will continue to grow and enjoy. I am being real with you folks for the sake of all of us under God! It's not about me or you, it's about all of us. See ya at the track!!! Brap!

Everyone involved with OMA works hard and puts much thought into decision making. OMA has folks employed with years and years of experienced combined. OMA is organized but young!

I hope you and anyone will come back to the track after after having a problem to be apart of the MX Family.

I will. Don't think this is the first time I have ever got into an argument in MX so We will be back.
Safety is the number one priority in this sport and until anyone watches their own son or daughter cross a start gate they will never see what a parent sees.

Yes Rick, that is an excellent point. Moto-moms have it the worst I think. I understand what you are saying but I don't because I am not a father. That is some serious fear watching your kid racing or seeing them grow through life. We are working on being more prudent in safety decisions. Thanks for being honest! We had a concern at MX 213 with another class structure, but we implemented the idea of asking folks to look over the running order before racing has started and get with the referee who was on-hand to resolve conflict and it worked out well! See at the track!

Yes Jeff, Their is only perfect and that is Jesus who is God! Amen Brother!

Back