2013 Licking County..Flint Ridge Dual Sport Ride

NQ1965

PR Elite
2013 Licking County..Flint Ridge Dual Sport Ride
June 9th.

Click on to enlarge

slide-1-638.jpg

Yep, will be doing that one...as long as it doesn't rain buckets prior to the event. The Hanging Rock event last week was on the brutal side :)

After watching some of Riz's vids......those things look brutal!
Some sections look like ankle snappers and knee twisters.....

The Flint Ridge Dual Sport is an awesome event. The best one day dual sport of the year. Free camping in a state park, with history, and great trails. I'll be there for sure!

Indy - I made your movie again

looks like we were playing leapfrog

My bald buddy, Tim is chatting up the Motohio crew @ 4:20

You rolled past Jeff, John, me, Dave & Pat (right side, in order) & Tim on the left, regrouping @ 7:13

Jeff is @ 7:35 resting with his RMX250

Dave & John are waiting for him @ 7:36

Tim, Pat and I are waiting for the previous 3 @ 7:45

Man, what a great time. This is one of the top dual sports out there. Awesome trails, great markings, great hot lunch, not too much road and plenty of riders. Yes, good to see my friends from MotOhio. Get ready to make Mike and MotoOhio your new best friend cause they sell Huskies >> new huskies (Husabergs), not to mention 6 other European brands (BMW, Triumph, Ducati, Husqvarna, Vespa, Piaggio and Genuine). Speaking with Kirk Allen at Flint Ridge (Parts Manager), he informed me that he stocks Husqvarna parts so here is your local (Ohio) Husqvarna part source. What a great store, owned by a true motorcycle family! Father Mike is retired from IBM, decided to buy a motorcycle shop cause he and his children love bikes. His son runs the parts department, wife does something there cause I remember seeing her when I bought my Husky (forgot what she does, sorry bout that), and daughter Elizabeth is a BMW Riding School trainer. It was really nice to ride with about a half dozen other Husky's in a group. That was fun. Yes, Kirk blew my doors off on the grassy old motocross track section, I knew he loved passing his old bike. I have to say though it was after I racked the family jewels on a jump with a "danger X" sign on it. I found out why, the backside was "C-shaped" and I had no speed cause I saw the stupid "X" sign. Needless to say I sang soprano for a few minutes...

Pitracers, Flint Ridge is a great dual sport event. John Divito and the Licking County Trail Riders Association really work hard on putting on this event. They have amazing trail sections, no super swampy mud holes or unmanagable uphills. Plus, beautiful scenery you'll never see from a car. You'd either have to be on a dirtbike or a horse to see some of the stuff we see during this ride. Good time. And when my float stuck open and I was surprised that my bike died, then switched to reserve to see almost the rest of my gas drain out, some nice guy gave me almost a gallon of gas. Thanks to John W. for having the right sized wrench to drain the bowl. It all worked out. You know what else I liked about this event, it's only 2 hours away. Oh, and you get to drive by the big Picnic Basket headquarters of Longenberger's Basket -- a 7 story building in the image of a picnic basket. Very cool, always love seeing that.

This was a good one, 264 riders in all! Don't miss it next year!!!

Hit the Gas!

Riz

For more Info on Motohio, they are located right off of I-270 in Columbus. Here is a link to their website, tell 'em The Riz sent ya!

http://www.motohio.com/default.asp

Hey Riz, I was one of the 262. This was my first DS and I gotta tell ya, I'm hooked. That was the best time riding I've had in a long time. Of course the brand new 2013 GasGas 300 might of had something to do with it!!! Looking forward to the Jack Tom on the 14th.IMG_20130418_174433.jpg

Hey Riz, I was one of the 264. This was my first DS, and I gotta tell ya, I'm hooked!! I had a great time. About a mile into the first trail section a vine caught me right underneath the helmet and did this.IMG_20130610_180611.jpg
The worst part was I had to ride the rest of the day with it burning like hell. Still had a good time. Loved my new bike IMG_20130418_174450.jpg 2013 GasGas XC300E

I saw ya out there. I kept thinkin', "here comes a husky" then went, "Oh it's a Gas Gas." Cool bike, watch out for those vines. another thing to watch for is roots. Nothing like hooking your foot under one in a corner, then getting ripped off your bike by your leg. fun stuff.

Next dual sport for Team Riz is Muddobbers in Indana June 29 & 30th.

Damn, the neck injury looks terrible. That must have hurt. Friggin' vines, I never underestimate them and do my best to avoid them altogether. Good job gettin' out there Pig, hope to see you again soon.

Husky to..... well whatever. lol.

Back