Another Maico for mxkid or Maico Mark?

NQ1965

PR Elite
Nice one in the classifieds.
I didn't realize Maico made a monoshock?
A 490 with a left side kick... hmmm a little scary.

I remember the 490's being reviewed in Dirt Bike magazine back when I was a teenager. They looked mean!
$(KGrHqFHJFYFGWM7O,QoBRmOw30Vyw~~60_3.jpg

Not sure if that's an 82 or an 83 but I'd avoid either of those years with Maico. I'd love to own an 81 though!

The 81s were the last year for dual shock rear suspension and are much more sought out than the 82 and 83s which had big time issues.

The 82s had Corte Cosso shocks that more often than not broke. Maico lost a boatload of money when they stood behind the issue by replacing customer's Corte Cossos with more expensive Ohlins shocks. The double whammy that put Maico under was serious issues with the 83's which had rear hubs and transmissions coming apart.

I would love to have it but have been selling most of mine off due to not being able to race or ride mx anymore after two auto accidents that trashed my lower back.
Plan to keep the 76 250 forever but only have 2 bikes left to sell....83 Maico 250 & 79 CR 125 Honda.
Maico Mark

@nq1965 and @mooch...were you guys paying no attention to me on the 1983 monoshock 490 at action sports? I was HAULING!!! hahaha. I wouldn't mind having that thing in my garage! if its an 82 I don't want it but by 83 they were figured out. mine is solid, not the prettiest looking thing but it MOVES

Back