Installing new plastic

Flow

PR Member
Alright, so I am putting new plastic on my bike with a new graphic kit. It never crossed my mind to order inserters aka collars to put in the holes for the bolts like the stock ones have. Any opinions on this and do you ever put them in or just bolt the plastic on without them and call it done? I haven't put on new plastic since I had my previous bike and I had no problems with plastic breaking near the holes without them. Just curious from some of you.. hope this is clear and not confusing

That was my plan to do.. just missing a few from my stock set from the plastic breaking. Looks like the only way I can get them is through OEM via Motosport. Unless I am missing somewhere else you can get them?

I usually always buy stock plastic. I know for Yamahas it is better quality, and if you get a bit of a discount, really does not cost much more for quality plastic.

OEM Yamaha plastic looks like crud after the first ride. Gets those nasty light blue streaks and scratches show up everywhere !

I always thought my Yamaha OEM plastic was much better. I did not like UFO. What brand do you use?

Back