power washers at the track, yes or no?

fluidpower

PR Member
After last Sunday's mud fest at Broadway, I wish I had brought the power washer. However, it means 2 more things to load, washer and water tank. In the end, the wire brush and plastic scrappers got most of the mud off. While it didn't look like a pro's bike, the chain was clean and lubed and the majority of the heavy stuff was off.

It looked like a lot of people take power washers to the track. How many of you guys use them on non muddy days as well? Pros? Cons?

Thanks!

FP

If I got it ill use it. If I would of power washed my bike at oir during the mud fest then I don't think the retard that ripped my bike off would of seen it.

high point let you fill your water barrel up for 5 bucks at the qualifier. Washed bikes. Dumped remainder of water and went home. That way we didn't need to haul the extra weight in the van.

I love having it. Any race I go to I have my pressure washer. I like lining up with a clean bike. A lot of tracks have fillups too so hauling the water drum isn't so bad, either way its worth it IMO

Question I have a pressure washer and tank just havnt used them at the track yet but I heard you need a water pump to force the water into the washer? Might be needing it tomorrow at WR lol

I take mine when I go. Sometimes I use it, sometimes I don't. You do have to leave the tank a little higher, like in trailer, to get it flowing. Once it's primed, the washer sucks it dry. Last I was to Red Bud they have spickets? you can use. Thinking it was free.

55 gallon drum laid down to gravity drainage. Prime the hose, open the top fitting on the barrel and it will have plenty of flow to get to the pressure washer.

Question I have a pressure washer and tank just havnt used them at the track yet but I heard you need a water pump to force the water into the washer? Might be needing it tomorrow at WR lol

If your outlet is on the bottom of the tank then you gravity feed. Just get the largest diameter dia hose you can find for more water flow to the pw (I also cut mine down to about 8 feet) . Bleed the air out as you attach the hose to the pw. I've never used a rain barrel type, so I'm no help there.

Always have mine. Don't always use it. Depends on how muddy things are, like last week at AMS, went out for practice and did not even come back in muddy. Little mud under fenders was it.....if that's the case, I don't use it. Just a bucket and a sponge to clean off what little dirt is on the plates.

I try to not blow water around my wheel bearings and what not.

Nice cart! That would work great if I had a UTV/golf cart to take to the track. I am all about trying to take as little as possible! Hence the question about pressure washers and water jugs to begin with!

I don't think you could ever survive a Kenworthys practice without a power washer.....lol

Back