Forward Motions (Eric Gorr) 2005 KX300 Scooby Special!

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Getting pumped about this. All I need to do is steal the cash from somewhere. ;)

Just called them and they have one on the shelf. Was talking to dude (Gorr?...I dunno), but they have a cylinder for me on the shelf, so turn-around will be pretty quick. They have to take the power valves, etc. out of my cylinder to put into the 300cc cylinder and what not.

When asking about power delivery, dude was saying how they did this was take a CRF450 (not sure what year) and tried to replicate that power delivery as best they could. He said that the 2 stroke motor made 6 more HP after 6000rpm. Thinking he was referencing a YZ at the time, but we all know KX's make more power so it's probably like 10hp for my bike... ;)

Hoping to get it back soon. First I have to send it out of which I will fairly quick. $660 bones or so later, I am thinking I will be a happy camper. Especailly at the dunes come June 27th - July 8th. The extra CC's should help with not revving it so much as I have in the past with my 250's (dune nah sayers insert HERE). Would like to think I could play at BC a time or two before then. Oh yeah baby, it's going to be good. How good? Well, we'll just have to wait and see... Maybe I'll let you know. ;)

My RM300 from Gorr was awesome.

What powerband did you choose?

I am trying to get it most 450/KTM 300EXC 'ish I can get it. Eric suggested the Mo-betta setup versus the More Low to Mid or More Mid to Top setup.

That's what I planned. Contimplated race gas, but not a good idea. I am thinking I'll be pretty happy with it...well, once I get it. Within the next 3 weeks anyway...

Don't need race gas in a 300.
125/144 sure, it's a help....maybe
In a 300.....not needed.

Go with Mo-Betta / pump gas.

Shipped out. Should get there Thursday. Using one of their shelf cynlinders, 1 day turn around, could be riding next Wednesday. That weekend for sure...

One question?:

How did your jetting, etc. change? Talking to a guy there yesterday and he said I'd have to lean it out. Not sure I understand. He said something of the sort in that it will be sucking harder so I'll need to lean it out. I'm not a jetting genious nor am I going to install an FI unit anytime soon... Any ideas? I'll be asking them again, but anyway...

I have Eric's 144 kit for my 04 RM125. The main was a 390 stock and the pilot was a 42.5. I didn' know what to do with the jets with the new motor so I looked up the Pro Circuit recommendations for the 125. I put them in and they were still too rich...and that worried me.

Talking with Eric, I explained my worry and he giggled. He said that a bigger motor pulls more fuel through the same size jet. Hmmmmm...this is starting to make sense.

By reading the plug and evaluating the quality of the engine tune throughout the RPM range, I ended up with a 350 Main, a 35 Pilot!! and a 1 step leaner needle with the clip in the top notch. (need the next leaner needle) The pilot being that much smaller really scared me and took me 2 months to finally belly up to the counter and put the next size in. Voila! Much Better! lol

The moral of the story is that the stock jetting for the normal dislpacement will be way rich. Even the best jetting for that same size will be too rich. Follow the basics of jetting and go slow, but don't be alarmed if you need to go further than what you thought.

That's how it worked on mine anyway...

I didn't have to make any changes to the jetting. Mine is a 2005 YZ-300, I got the mo-betta for pump gas I use a V-Force reed valve and PC exhaust. The downside (or the upside based on how you look at it) is the bike scares me. It's not violent, the bottom is super strong the mid range hit is smooth as butter and the top screams just as advertised. But it just pulls so gosh darn hard! My pants dyno told me, my 06 CRF-450 (only mod PC exhaust) wasn't as strong, although it would be close. You will love it!

Did somebody say Shipped?
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/I03UmJbK0lA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yep, I shipped my jug!

Polack that flies, that is what Eric said when I was talking to him the other day. It wasn't that I didn't believe him, just that I was in disbelief that it would work that way. With the thought of bigger carbs on bigger cc bikes and all. Guess 46cc isn't enough to need more airflow necesasarily I suppose like a KX500 would. We shall see...

Streaks, oh I so cannot wait. I am looking forward to it. I do not have a V-Force reed block yet, but that might be next on the list. Kinda hate that I am getting it rolling just a week before the going to the dunes, as I do not wanna mess with it up there. Might just leave it a little rich and take some plugs with me until I get back. Might need to swap my 162 main jet back with JO for his 164. He has 2 anyway... I'll have to check out the pilot and the needle while I have it out. Not a whole lot of room in there when assembled. Motor mount gets in the way to be able to just spin the carb a little.

Oh I so cannot wait. I'm like a little kid in a candy store...

Was mulling around on the innernet and came across this thread. Damn I've had this bike awhile. Rode it on the fitty track the other night. Was ready for Malvern this weekend, but muther nature has me tapping out. More so due to my no 50's in the mud this season... :)

Back