Help!! My GF has cankles!!!

LuckyStar64

PR Addict
Hahaha! I figured that would get your attention. Here's the problem... My GF loves riding her TTR125, but she can't seem to find a set of boots that will fit her legs. Her calfs are too thick somehow?? She can't get them buckled w/o a gap up the side.

We've been to Kame's, and the Iron Pony in Columbus. Not one brand of boots men or women's fit. Can ya get a set of customs made? Any ideas??

Attachments

• Picture 224.jpg
    Picture 224.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 464
I too have large calves and I just cannot buckle the top straps on boots. I had a pair of Alipiestar Tech 8 which were comfy except for the the top buckles. I called Alpinestars and the woman I talked to was very nice and sent me a few sets of extra long straps. I'm the thinking the top one was about 2 inches longer which let me finally get the buckle closed. I'd try that, called whichever boot manufacturer you have and seeing if they can send longer straps. If I remember right they didnt cost a thing either.

Tha Sidi boots have alot of adjustment...but they are pricey...did she try a pit bike boot? like the short half boots , seeing its not MX she will be riding they should be fine.

Yeah. I already thought of that. Somehow she didn't like them. I know I tried AXO, Alpinestars, Fox, Gaerne, 661, not sure about Sidi though. I was thinking the pit bike boots would be OK too, but no dice there either. A few years ago, there was a Girls Fox Tracker boot that was perfect up at Roush. She snoozed and didn't buy them, now they don't make them anymore. ---L*64

I am not a small female myself and have bigger calves. My first suggestion would be to try a size bigger. It may be longer in the toe but go around the calf. I would also suggest buying thin socks which thor makes a nice dry fit pair. The boots will stretch out once they are broke in. Myself and my daughter both wear knee braces and depending on which pants and sock combo we wear we can't always get everything closed in at the top. I currently have the fox instinct boots and they seem to have pretty long straps at the top and I ususally can get everything in. I used to have gearne sg10's and often times I couldn't get them all the way around and would have a small gap.

Lotts-- I've seen your posts on here a million times, but I had no idea that you are a female... haha! Thanks for the input.

Are you saying that you have to get the knee brace into the top of the boot as well? (I have no idea, as I've never worn one) This girls' calfs can't be that big? I witnessed her buckling up the boots myself, and there was an inch gap in the sides. I was even thinking about sending them out to a leather shop to get some material added, then use longer straps too. --L*64

Yes the bottom of my knee brace goes into the top of my boot. You are correct her calfs can't be that big. My calf and knee brace combo can't be bigger then just her calf.

If she only has an inch gap I would say she will be fine. They will loosen up some and depending what kind of pants she had on while trying them on could make a difference. Even if the gap never closes all the way it's still cool, I had that a lot with my gearne's. If she has never wore boots like this they def. feel different than anything else the first time you put them on. Don't forget to loosen the straps up all the way and wiggle around in the to get them snugged up. I point my toes and it helps get the top area of the boot tighter. Good Luck and hopefully we will see you somewhere. I am always for helping other ladies get involved in the sport. :)

Kotts-- How tall are you? That actually makes a difference in the "placement" believe it or not. She has no intentions of racing real bikes at all, (neither do I really). We just jack around on 110's and trail bikes for fun. Problem is that the boots have become so much of an issue, it's making her not even want to ride at all. She just got girly looking gear, but she's now stalled out with this issue. I've been watching Ebay for a used set of Fox "Tracker" boots.

MotoDad-- We've tried every boot on that page twice, except for the Flys which have never been in stock anywhere. --L*64

Have you tried fox comp 5 boots? I was just looking at my wifes next to my sg10s and the calf area is huge compared to them.

I am 5'4". I agree on the height thing becaue my daughter is 4'11" and she can't wear gearne's cause she is too short for them.

Tony, tony, tony.....nobody makes MX boots that actually fit humans!

I wear a size 8 wide shoe. In order to get a boot that fits my wide toes, and will buckle over my knee braces, I have to wear size 10 in boots. And when I first use a brand new pair, they make my feet numb for the first day until they break in.

Hmmm. I know MX boots and ice skating boots are two different animals, BUT! There are companies that send you out a "casting" kit. You actually mix up some stuff, and make a mold of your foot and ankle and send it to them. They build a boot around that casting. Seems like there's a market in MX! --L*64

Back