High Point (spoiler)

John250

PR Founding Father
Seriously??? Bubba DNFs the first moto from getting hit in the eye, and knocking him silly? Whatever.......I don't buy that one. Moto two, he is leading, and RV and RD pass him right as he goes by the mechanics area, and he pulls off. Supposedly he has a broken rotor and can not continue, so he goes back to the pits and quits. NOT one factory team there without a gator sitting there with another complete set of wheels. They could have a new wheel on that bike within a lap.

Bubba has NO desire to win, nor be out there racing if the track is not to his liking, he gets passed whatever.........go home, and do some waking boarding. Your filling a space on the gate someone else can fill.

I know his name makes his sponsors money , but at this point I would much rather have lil stewie under my tent ....

Stewerts a has been.
I was there and watched him out front, you just knew it was a matter of time before the Ryans ate him up and spit him out.
He doesnt have the desire anymore.
Ryan and Ryan are awesome,rock solid and both want it bad.
I really thought Dungey would pass Steward and get away from Villopolta.
He can close the gap when behind.
They are both flying

I have a soft spot for Stewart, perhaps because he has had to face an adversity not many know by being black...just be real...racism is still much a part of society. I am not sure what's up with his mindset these days. I will always appreciate him giving all he had to Carmichael and on a 2-stroke at first. RacerX has him finishing 16th in moto 1 with no goggles on. I was watching live stream when bubba came through the mechanics area with the Ryans on him and he was just twisting the throttle and the bike was doing nothing...

I have to agree with the soft spot for Bubba. He has a ton of talent and I truly believe he is out there doing his best right now. He's injured. He probably can't ride much through the week, and he definitely can't train the way he needs to with a bum ACL. There's just no way. At least he's there every week trying. When he quits in the middle of a series everyone hates him because he's a quitter. Now he has stuck out Supercross with an injury and has continued and outdoors yet he's still a quitter. I don't get it. Malcom, on the other hand, seems to me like the one with no desire. He has stupid tip overs in every moto, and it doesn't seem to bother him. In his interviews he says he thinks he's doing great. I don't see it. He had one good moto at Hangtown. He had a decent day today, but I'd take Bubba any day, especially now that he's been pushing through some adversity for once.

I have to agree with John259 for once. He had lost the desire. Along with Reed. Last year for nationals for both I think. Maybe one more SX season. Saddens me to an extent. Like them both. Didn't Reed until last year. Stewy I always have. He just doesn't have it anymore for a full moto or 20 laps for that matter. If it was a great race or qualifying practice, I'd take Stewart any day...

I have to agree with John259 for once. He had lost the desire. Along with Reed. Last year for nationals for both I think. Maybe one more SX season. Saddens me to an extent. Like them both. Didn't Reed until last year. Stewy I always have. He just doesn't have it anymore for a full moto or 20 laps for that matter. If it was a great race or qualifying practice, I'd take Stewart any day...

I think you guys are pretty harsh and very mis-informed about what Reed and Stew are really dealing with as far as sickness and injuries. Can you imagine what it must feel like to go that pace and continually still your leg out with a torn ACL and have a jacked up wrist that is probably requiring surgery again. For Reed, the week between H-town and Colorado all he could eat was pedialite and ensure because of an illness he has and is still dealing with. Listen to all of the Steve Matthes pod casts and you`ll be suprised at what you`ll find out what going on behind the scenes. I think we`re pretty lucky to still be able to watch ride dirt bikes.

What is sad to me, is after all that good racing, your "spoiler" post is nothing but a bash on James. I used to not like him, but ever since I've had to read all of these ignorant posts by people like you, it makes me want him to excel.

You guys sit behind your keyboards and act like you have a clue, when you don't. I have friends who were at the race and saw his front wheel lock up a few times, and the crowd gasped. Yeah, he isn't doing as good as he used to but he also isn't doing anything to anyone on the message boards, so why does everyone get soo bent out of shape when his results aren't there? Your overwhelming dislike of him is still an obsession, for the record.

He has been getting beat all year, bad... And has just taken it. So what makes you think he would pull off instead of getting beat again? At this point nobody would be suprised when 2 and 5 walk away from him, so it's not like anyone would have had anything new to say anyways.

Reed isn't even close to where he has been, but you guys chalk it up to desire? That dude has more heart than anyone out there, he has always been the hardest working 2nd place guy... Part of the reason why I feel that he would always be bitter and frustrated. Take RC off the books and Reed has been an amazing racer. There's other issues going on with him.

I don't know if it's because of facebook, twitter, racer-x, or what but I feel that these days we all try and get in on these guys busines and act like we are self proclaimed Moto-therapists, when nobody has a clue what really goes on in these guys lives. Just sit back and watch some dang racing...

Was talking to a really good local pro about this once and how he wouldn't compete in local races after retiring because we talk and have expectations without knowing their life. It's true that when your a front person in racing or in life your are under the knife of public or private conviction and many times without mercy. Enjoy racing and the blessings in life God gives us! Brap! The hardest thing about judgement is that truth needs to be unbiased or without respect...that's is perhaps the hardest thing in life is facing truth and being honest!

Yeah, John at the level these guys are at. Your equipment cannot fail. I don't really think it's worth it to swap the wheel and keep stewart racing out there.....I think his decision was a good one. Who knows if it was a faulty part that was roaching the rotor....and whose to say that the next wheel and rotor wouldn't of got roached by the caliper. Too risky!

I really feel like these guys are going so fast that they could get killed with catastrophic mechanical failures. As fast as they go, when they are in attack position they expect the bike to react and if they are way forward when the rotor locks up it's bad news.

Everyone has their own opinion and it don't bother me. My friends love stewie. You cannot deny his speed and talent. I feel bad for the guy but because iI can predict his results, it makes me chuckle a little. I ddon't hate the guy and hes fun to watch.
Malcolm had impressed me. He looks a million times better on a 450. Just has the450 growing pains.

I dont know why he would waste his time swapping wheels to go out and gain what, a point, three, maybe five? These guys constantly talk about not getting a good holeshot and already being out of the race. He already toasted the first moto, it was time to hang it up after the front wheel incident.

Dungey just doesnt have it for Villopoto either. This was another "Fan talk" converstion I kept hearing, that Dungey was coming for him.... lol. Not. RV made up proabably 3-7 seconds in three or four laps, stuffed him after the holeshot triple and pulled another 3 in the first lap after the pass. I wish Carmicheal would have been in Villopoto's era, or vice versa. Those two would be having some good battles.

On the other hand, I seen about 4 or 5 two-strokes in practice. I thought that was pretty cool. With myself making the recent transition from a 4 to 2 stroke, I give alot of props to the guys that make them sing. I dont think any made the main though.

Kaitlyn Koltar had a great first moto, after leaving at 4 am, we didnt stick around to watch the second womens race. But it was really cool to see her out there.

Kaitlyn Koltar had a great first moto, after leaving at 4 am, we didnt stick around to watch the second womens race. But it was really cool to see her out there.

Yep, saw her in the results!!
Way to go Kaylynn!!! A Solid performance !

1. Jessica Patterson (Yamaha) 1-1
2. Sayaka Kaneshiro (Honda) 2-2
3. Taylor Higgins (Honda) 5-3
4. Sara Pettersson (KTM) 6-4
5. Marissa Markelon (KTM) 7-5
6. Jacqueline Strong (KTM) 4-9
7. Sade Allender (Honda) 9-7
8. Amanda Brown (Honda) 8-8
9. Lindsey Palmer (Kawasaki) 11-6
10. Shelby Rolen (Yamaha) 10-11
11. Mackenzie Tricker (Yamaha) 3-30
12. Chelsea Newbold (Honda) 14-10
13. Kayla Solheid (Kawasaki) 15-12.

14.Kaylynn Kotlar (Honda) 12-15

Yeah,

I'd have to apologize and/or clear the air a little here. I am not a Stewy hater, nor a Reed hater, nor a hater period, although I used to think Reed was a whiner and I liked him less because of it, but as I said, he made a comeback last year for me...

I like Stewy and actually cheer for him every race. Dude used to be amazing. Well, he still is, just used to be more amazing, but I am just voicing my opinion...with the facts I have, in that he just doesn't look to be trying like he wants a championship or win...that bad. Only if it comes easy...er. I mean, we still see signs of brilliance, but it fades somewhat quickly by eaiter slowing down, crashing, or quitting. I mean moto two I was like here we go, eye of the tiger...only to DNF again. Sure, he has an "excuse", but why is it always happing to him lately? Lack of preparation? Lack of a good team? Lack of desire??? Health maybe I suppose. I hope the best for Stewy. He deserves all the fame, fortune, and good will he can get. He's worked for it...in the past. I'm just not certain right now. Due to some life choices, of which I know very little as to what they were made, all I have is my opinion. Guess I needs edumacated folks as yourselves to set me straight. I'm good with that. I haven't an issue being wrong. It's all good...

Some of the comments are for selfish reasons. I just want everyone to be at the top of their game, passing each other multiple times, be within 5 seconds of each other on the the same lap, to the finish. I know and/or have seen what they are capable of. In that, my opinions are:

RV2- 150% desire, putting all the work in, just killing it.
RD- Awesome rider, fitness, and ability. Lacks early race aggression.
JS- Has been at the top of the world. Still has all the ability. Desire to push and work as hard as he has in the past, I question. Justifyable or not...
CR- Questioning he desire to push and take chances as well. Why not take a week or two off to get healthly, so he might kill it like he can? I dunno. Maybe thinking about family and not wanting to push it and get hurt. The K-Dub scenerio. I can knock him for that though...
BamBam- He's coming...

OK, I'm done. Feast on those. ;)

Scoob, your right on the money. I don't hate Bubba either. Not a fan, but not a hater. As for Reed, I am a fan. He is just slowing down, and the field is getting faster. If not for McGrath and RC, Reed and Windham both would have had many more wins.

I just don't think that Bubba has the fire in his belly any longer. As Scoob said, if it is there or comes easy ok, if not.......does not have it in him.

With CR22 having his boy tate a few years back, and the huge crash in SX two years ago. I think that got to him the most. But thats what I personally respect about him, I believe he understands that he cant take the risks he used to, being there as a father in his boys life is more important than being in the points chase at the end of a MX/SX season.

With CR22 having his boy tate a few years back, and the huge crash in SX two years ago. I think that got to him the most. But thats what I personally respect about him, I believe he understands that he cant take the risks he used to, being there as a father in his boys life is more important than being in the points chase at the end of a MX/SX season.

That's why RC hung up the boots (plus he had nothing else to prove), after his wife had his twins.

Back