Bubba's back.........Quote

John250

PR Founding Father
RacerX had an interview with Bubba. RacerX's question and Bubba's answer..........

So James will be back at Budds Creek hopefully?
Bubba’s coming back at Budds Creek. I’m already calling it now.

So Bubba is calling that "bubba" will be back at Budds Creek? Humm. Maybe he is gonna show up on a KX125, and #259 on the plates.........what else could he be referring too? Hope he backs up his calling himself out.

RacerX had an interview with Bubba. RacerX's question and Bubba's answer..........

So Bubba is calling that "bubba" will be back at Budds Creek? Humm. Maybe he is gonna show up on a KX125, and #259 on the plates.........what else could he be referring too? Hope he backs up his calling himself out.

No way. This is getting to be like the jlaw circus. I think if he trained alot, he would be somewhere up front, but I dont think he can match RV, RV is on another planet right now, and he is the king of that planet.

AND, if he does show up and can run his second moto anywhere near his qualifying time, then what the heck? Why is he sandbagging to make himself look drastically improved all of a sudden?

I don't think that he is sandbagging. I'd say that he has dealt with a years worth of injuries and results that are sub-par to his ability, much like Chad Reed. I don't know about you guys, but that would affect my confidence and confortability... kind of like a snow ball effect. To me, when reading the article, it seemed like he was just severely disappointed in himself and made it seem like he is going to let it hang out from here on out and just try to ride like he knows how. Don't think he can beat RV, especially if they start 1-2 (or even 1-7), but i could see him running in a pack with Dungey, Canard, and Barcia and those guys all pusing themselves towards the next step.

I don't think that he is sandbagging. I'd say that he has dealt with a years worth of injuries and results that are sub-par to his ability, much like Chad Reed. I don't know about you guys, but that would affect my confidence and confortability... kind of like a snow ball effect. To me, when reading the article, it seemed like he was just severely disappointed in himself and made it seem like he is going to let it hang out from here on out and just try to ride like he knows how. Don't think he can beat RV, especially if they start 1-2 (or even 1-7), but i could see him running in a pack with Dungey, Canard, and Barcia and those guys all pusing themselves towards the next step.

x2. I think he's just going to hang it out. Might work, might not.

I would rather see him finish on the podium for a few rounds. We have already seen Bubba, Really fast, crash. Really fast, crash.

Yeah, first few races he was saying stuff like "it's a long season", "just trying to get points", etc. He's always hung it out when he was dominant. RV is hanging it out. Difference is Bubba used to hang it out, crash, be in last, and still get up and pass everyone. Not gonna happen like that anymore. He's fast, just not that fast as compared to everyone else now. I don't want him to get hurt, but he definately needs to ride with more heart and less strategy.

We shall see....

Definately looks like the Bubba of old is a thing of the past. In prior years he had speed and technique that he pulled out of somewhere that no one else had. He seems either unwilling or unable to do that now. What the reason is who knows...age? distractions? fear? training or lack of? conditioning?

I never liked him with his boastful dances and arrogant ways, but now that he is on a Suzuki and kind of an underdog, I kind of find my self pulling for him to make a come back. It certainly isn't exciting when VP wins every race with no competition...

If he came back on a green kawasaki with bubbalicous on his ass, fox gear and without Nike boots........ holy s**t. Look out, history to be made. Nobody would be within a half a lap of him.

I agree with you guys though. Bubba is historically a crash dummy but he was always on such a different level it never mattered. Well now the top 20 are all turning laps within 2 seconds of each other. That's on the same level. No crashing or bad starts in todays motocross. The days of 24-0 are long gone. I doubt we will ever see that again!

I saw today that RV2 has won 7 of the 8 motos so far. How pissed you think he is going to be if he wins everyone from here on out and falls one short. lol. I dont see it being done anytime soon. But i do believe it will happen again. History repeats itself, and im a firm believer in that.

Bubba still has the ability given his moto 2 start and first few laps this last weekend, his scrub while racing Alessi at Muddy Crik, and his starts at the first race. What he is missing in my mind is either the conditioning and/or the heart. Could be, he doesn't want to push it that much anymore. Getting hurt sucks. Most of us know that. I don't push it that much anymore hence blowing up two bikes in recent years without a broken bone. I could have never done that in the early 2000's. ;)

Just for fun.
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fZHk_PI3bTk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/96jQZPHSjVU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XUu5LbNUmZM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is kind of funny
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/glx8JMSGLks" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This one cracks me up:
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/U8OU81oEKUk?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

All this just goes to show how the years of MX take their toll at that level and "when in doubt, gas it!" turns to "ride smart and stay on two wheels. It's a long season..."

OK, I've wasted enough time with this stuff at work. Got to get back at it... Thanks Barrington! ;)

I've always wondered how different Stewart's career might have developed had he been able to stay with Kawi .

last one made me laugh for sure.. really enjoyed watching a 125 moto. havent watched any old races or anything. man thats cool. they need to just bring that back and get rid of 4 strokes!!!

they need to just bring that back and get rid of 4 strokes!!!

Word! Never happen, but man that sound is still moto to me. Wonder if they'll ever let the the manufactures to increase cc on a 250 2-stroke? I know I have KX300 on the brain, but could a modern 300cc 2-stroke compete with a 450?...

Back