Lets talk Ohio Vintage again!

NQ1965

PR Elite
It's been a over a month since I've been on a bike, working too much, and having trouble getting my brain in gear but it's time.

June 22, 23 AHRMA at Smith Road, Medina, Ohio.

I know many of you are doing the Casey AMA race, and I did notice that AHRMA set the weekend up with PVMX racing on Saturday and VMX Sunday for the ambitious travellers, as they did back in May. So you may still be able to hit both.

Pre-entry closed on the 7th, so we've missed that deadline.
Anytime we have Vintage and Post Vintage MX come to Ohio, as you all know we need to support it. (at least that is what I tell myself ).

Looking forward to it!

http://www.ahrma.org/ahrma_pdfs/Z-2013/Nationals/PVMX/Previews/13_PVMX_smithCombo_Preview.html

Based on the flyer that NQ posted, AHRMA appears to have conflicting info. At the top in red, it says PVMX is on the Sunday the 23rd...but at the bottom, it show PVMX on Saturday's schedule.

Regardless, I'm concentrating my efforts on the AMA's Casey round.

With the AMA stepping into the vintage scene this year, I've let my AHRMA membership lapse. I hope the AMA sticks with it as I've had less than great membership support from AHRMA when I've contacted them in the past.

My mind is still on the track but my body can't as I am only 4 months into a 12 month recovery time for back surgery but plan to spectate Smith Road & Mid-Ohio!

Maico Mark

Some pic's of the Smith Road Raceway track from their facebook page.
I forgot what the facility looked like. Looks like they made a few track changes from when we were there last.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Smit...80712929.76692.150019601726772&type=1&theater

If I can squeeze off a few minutes tonight I may post some pic's from the last AHRMA Smith Rd race which we had a lot of locals at. I actually thought it to be a pretty good track for Vintage/Post Vintage.
Anybody know how George Singler is doing these days? It would be a treat if he showed up and raced.

George is still in Florida, we are trying to convince him to come up for AHRMA but so far no luck : ( . We'd love to see you all though, we are hoping it will be a nice, fun event!

George is still in Florida, we are trying to convince him to come up for AHRMA but so far no luck : ( . We'd love to see you all though, we are hoping it will be a nice, fun event!

I really hope you have a decent turnout for the AHRMA event, I rode the one at Smith road a few years ago and had a great time.

It's a shame that AHRMA and the AMA are pitted against one another to the point that they're scheduling races in the same area on the same day...seems that they're shooting themselves in the foot just to spite one another. I've been doing the AMA vintage series and the tracks have been doing a great job but turnouts have been less than I would have expected.

I've been doing the AMA vintage series and the tracks have been doing a great job but turnouts have been less than I would have expected.

One might think AHRMA is experiencing the same?
Besides Mxkid are any other Ohioans following the AHRMA circuit?

One might think AHRMA is experiencing the same?
Besides Mxkid are any other Ohioans following the AHRMA circuit?

I'm still in "my kid is too young to race AHRMA" mode. So no AHRMA for
me. I doubt he'll ever be interested in vintage since he hasn't been able
to do it and his interests have developed elsewhere. Stupid policy on their part.

No one can be faulted for tainted views on issues, policies and politics with the two organizations. Both AHRMA and AMA seemed to have earned the criticisms volleyed at them.

I guess I'm just happy that we have 3 venues to race here in Ohio this year. Pretty cool in my opinion.

I think AHRMA has a weekend license for a weekend,if your just racing 1 AHRMA event. I have raced the first three AMA Vintage races (action,ballance,log rd) my AMA membership 49.00,I race three classes,pre-entry 127.00,gate fee 35.00 for the three races for a total of 465.00 the last three AHRMA events (not including Unadilla because I stayed the weekend there,everywhere else I race one and am out) Lake Sugar Tree,Devils Ridge,DD) AHRMA membership 65.00, pre entry 90.00, gate fees 30.00.for the three races 365.00. I just got back into racing last year after not having been on a bike for 23 yrs,I just want to race pv, dont know all the rift between AMA and AHRMA AND DONT CARE! I just want to race!! I can tell you this I have been to 12 AHRMA races with no problems.At this point I think AHRMA has the upper hand on vintage racing,AMA has a lot of work to do,as everybody can see,that has been to their races.

Don't pay attention to me I'm still pissed over the reason why they raised the membership fees from 45 to 65. I've been to lots of AHRMA and a few AMA vintage races, my personal opinion is AMA does a better job and with more classes. I can also use my AMA card at different events other than vintage. The NON-Current class has some of the biggest and best fields in it. You need to bring in younger guys (late 20’s/30’s) for this sport to survive.

Scott, I agree with each of your points in regards to AHRMA vs AMA. The additional thing that soured me on AHRMA was when I called and emailed different people at AHRMA on a question, none of them took the time to get back to me.

Back