Must have upgrades for 13 yz 450?

I actually like the bartering part... Especially if I save money... That's the place I saw the 250f for under $5g..... Really nice since I live about ten minutes away

SO if im understanding correctly, you go out and buy a brand new bike 7-9k then first thing you do is move the motor? Seems a lil extreme, why didnt they just move it to start with??

They moved the motor in the 14.

Pertaining to the 13 - Every review i've read is that the bike is hard to keep the front wheel planted when the tune is snappy/barky. So i'll ride it bone stock, make some suspension adjustments and then detune the bike. Most pro riders and intermediate riders actually prefer the tamed down one. It allows them to go faster in corners by keeping the front wheel planted nicely.

Chuck and I talked about this the other day........the "snappy" thing. I have mine tuned to Snappy, it hits hard out of the corners and is awesome. I am not sure what everyone is complaining about........or maybe I just don't ride well enough to know any different.

I had a 2010 that was a great bike. got a chance to test the GYTR head, cams, and piston out too. want to talk about rediculous power!! the tuner is the best thing about that bike. easy to use and you can go from mild to wild in one minute with out taking anything off the bike. it holds ten maps and you can get some peoples tunes off thumpertalk or other forums and try them. i never noticed the front wheel thing, maybe becasue the rear end does feel so planted it makes the front seem loose, all i rode was sand back then in FL and its all loose! haha. I took the head and gytr parts off it after testing it for about 10hrs, too much hp for me. wanted to try a pair of those 22mm clamps but i started drinking the KTM orange koolaid in 2011 and dont see any yamahas in my future unless its a tricked out yz144 :).

I'm sure it will feel just as planted as my yz 250 lol. 4 strokes are sticky.

@john250. I read that novice riders and those without a lot racing experience run the snappy setting. Pros run the tamed down or cornering agility. Not saying anything about your riding, just saying what I read. That's just what mxa said And mxa probably has some wiled fast novice riders doing there testing lol.

Back