Battle of Ohio Triple Crown

John250

PR Founding Father
Ok, we have two weeks until the first of three "Battle of Ohio" triple crown races at Malvern, Chilitown and Briar Cliff. I know I've been looking forward to these races. Hopefully they all three have great crowds, and they have the atmosphere that the Battle at BC had last year.

I am looking forward to riding Malvern, heard good things about it last week. Chilitown I think will be the best it has ever been, and BC will be great. I still have to figure something out for BC because of a wedding. I suppose I will have to offer JO a big check to schedule my moto early in the program to make a Saturday night wedding, and back to the track for Sunday.

So who else is planning on attending the first of the three race series at Malvern? Everyone wanted something big in Ohio to race......so here is our opportunity to all get to these races, and make them something great for Ohio MX this summer.

Unforntunately I will not be making it to Malvern as I will be playing in the sand. Chilitown might be tough with just getting back from playing in the sand, but not out of the question...yet. BC? Well, thinking I'll at least make that one of not any others. ;)

Believe me, I would attend all 3 if the timing was different. It was like a freaking national last year at the BOOABC. Peeps parked everywhere. It was great to see. I am so hoping that Malvern and Chilitown experience the same moto mayhem.

I'll be in attendance. Cant miss a series like this. I missed the BOOABC last year, and have heard nothing but good things about it. I wont be leaving myself on that side of the fence for this one.

I am surprised there is not more hype for these three races after last year. JO did a awesome job (scoring needed some attention) last year with the BoO, and it got a ton of hype for last year, and everyone was excited to race the race. Now this year, it is a three race series, that I am sure they are going to do a awesome job with the tracks, etc. and it seems like everyone could care less. Has the OMA, and the BoO, already just become another race? Everyone prefer to just for practice some more or what?

I really thought that these three races would be a huge draw and get a lot of people from around the state to them. Am I wrong? Will there be 200 riders there or will there be 500? I seriously thought these races could draw the 400 to 500 rider mark. I guess I must be crazy.

I agree with John250. What is moto format going to be? Practice? Also what about tomorrow? How many motos for Night races? etc..etc..Has this been posted on other State boards? Biggest gate we've seen this year was at Fair Race in Hilliard for 50s.

I can tell you from our stand point at CTMX we are planning a great event for the south round of the Battle for Ohio. We will start our announcements soon that will include all of the details. Be prepared for a huge event...not just a race! We have started on track changes that will widen the racing lanes to open more lines and to make way for a water truck so we can give the riders a much faster intermission to speed up the day and make for more consistent watering.

We also have some things in the works that will add to the excitement and really hype up the weekend. We also plan to give away more swag than ever so make sure you have plenty of room in your truck or trailer for all the extra goodies you will be going home with.

As always, the best advertisment for OMA comes from the riders themselves. Please make sure to tell a friend about how hard we are working to bring you the best races around.

Chillitown, looking forward to it. I even tried to convince DC to change their date and not run against your race to help them out. They said no, that the month was too full ??? Did not quite understand that one. I just wonder how many people are even on planning to run all three of these races. I posted this a couple weeks ago, and one guy said he is planning to be there.

If you are fishing just to see If I am going to be on the gate. Well John250, Relax, No worries, I Will sit this one out... That should increase your chances.

Fishing, lol........Not sure I even know who you are TC. I would love to go and have a full gate of 40+ guys.

If this triple crown series is anything near what battle of the cliff was last year, i'm racing all three. No questions.

I am planning to be at all of them in the 40+ class. Also bringing my son in schoolboy and 2 stroke.

I agree with John250. What is moto format going to be? Practice? Also what about tomorrow? How many motos for Night races? etc..etc..Has this been posted on other State boards? Biggest gate we've seen this year was at Fair Race in Hilliard for 50s.

I didn't mean to leave anyone hanging, been crazy busy. The first two rounds at Malvern & Chillitown will be practice Saturday, race Sunday. 2 motos, this is real moto, not some faircross. I talked to tons of people, and I think this series will 300-400 rider weekends, everyone that I have talked to here lately is amped up for this, three races against he best in the state. This is what Ohio needs.

What other state boards exist btw? I have tried searching for other places that represent states surrounding Ohio.

Btw, the pro purse should be $4,000 per round, plus add in 50+, and 250a (200%), talk amongst yourselves.

And the cliff is closed this coming weekend, I'm racing the battle round #1, the south is planning an invasion!!!!!

HEY,sence when are you considered the south?

Well I'm certainly not north. I will create a BC region! Who wants to race for BC? For the right kind of cash I will race for the north, NOT! The south is rolling into the Vern hot, bringing the heat....

Well I'm certainly not north. I will create a BC region! Who wants to race for BC? For the right kind of cash I will race for the north, NOT! The south is rolling into the Vern hot, bringing the heat....

Would it be weird if I wanted to ride for BC, but live like 45 minutes away from Malvern? Lol

Btw, the pro purse should be $4,000 per round, plus add in 50+, and 250a (200%), talk amongst yourselves.

And the cliff is closed this coming weekend, I'm racing the battle round #1, the south is planning an invasion!!!!!
+1 for the fast guys & Thanks for the +50 class.

Back