Bikes only weekend at Malvern?????

MalvernMX

PR Addict
Contemplating this for this coming weekend. Wanted to get a feel for what people's thoughts were. First of all, please don't turn this into a bash the quads thread. This Format seems to just fit for this weekend sence BC is doing a quads only event. There was some talk at Dirtworld from quad riders who were torn wanting to attend the big quad event at BC but not wanting to start the Hot Summer Nights series at a points advantage. This way would eliminate that issue. Jeremy is kind of sticking his neck out doing the quads only event so it doesn't make sence for one of the better quad drawing tracks to be running against it. Also want to maximize his turnout due to it being a benefit for Tim Detling as I really like Tim.

Thinking what I would do is do a Saturday morning/day practice followed by the evening races, probably more laps per moto. We are going to eliminate the scheduled Sunday practice due to BC having thier huge free practice day sponsored by Mid-Ohio.

I think it is a good idea to make a schedule change. We are attending the Ohio Quad Fest and it is bothersome that the turnout could suffer due to the points chasers not attending this event. We need to support our local tracks and more importantly we need to support local racers in a time of need. This is a perfect oppurtunity to give the bike guys a race night for themselves and ease the decision for the quad riders to attend the benefit. I hate the fact of missing a Malvern race and the decision for us was difficult as well. I would love to see Malvern packed with 2 wheelers and the cliff packed with 4 wheelers! Would it be possible to schedule a make-up quad race at the Vern or is the schedule too packed? Nice thoughts Jason, either way I hope the turnouts are great at both events. Matt.

I think it's a good idea although timing is bad for me with getting the bike back together and more importantly getting things around for our annual Silver Lake Sand Dunes trip. Maybe I'll have a good week and get further ahead than I thought I might and I can play the entire day Saturday (don't count on it. You'll learn this if you haven't already. :().

Good thoughts. Like the non-Dog Eat Dog attitude. :)

I don't have a dog in the fight, because I don't ride quads, nor am I attending this weekends race. But seems to me, that if you and JO are working together to build strong programs at both locations, that it would be awesome on your part to help out his event. That's the problem in my opinion, too many tracks racing or even practicing on top of each other. That makes total sense to me.

I don't have a dog in the fight, because I don't ride quads, nor am I attending this weekends race. But seems to me, that if you and JO are working together to build strong programs at both locations, that it would be awesome on your part to help out his event. That's the problem in my opinion, too many tracks racing or even practicing on top of each other. That makes total sense to me.

I have a solution to the problem of too many tracks...........

Yeh, me too, move one with in the outerbelt of C-bus so I don't have to drive an hour and 15 minutes just to get some riding in!

Sounds like two track owners who are class acts !!! Hell get crazy and do a charity bike vs quad BC " c track " race at the end of the year , lol.

Let's turn this into a quad thread.

I know you quad guys have asked for a quad only day and bike only day......here's your chance to pilot the quad-only test day!

Jason is sticking his neck out as well, a good portion of his riders are quads. For him to attempt to try and force them to BC is risky. You can't deny these promoters in OMA are TRYING to make everyone satisfied...

We all know Jason is one of the most understanding promoters when dealing with quads, keep in mind he is (potentially) doing this for all the right reasons and no way being disrespectful to quads. And as for the OMA you can't ask for a better organization for accepting quads.

Can't wait for the Crew Fest!

Yeah right dude, some of the quads at BC are fast. They'd run me over!!! I'd be scared.
It wouldn't be me running anyone over , but that's another topic. It will be interesting to see the turnout number at the quad event . I know the small group I ride with has been pumped about it all spring and have shared event info with as many quads riders as we could . Haven't made it to the Vern due work schedule but it's on the list for ASAP . Hoping both tracks and tim benefit from this coming weekend .

A real life mx vs atv unleashed......on the c track? That's crazy..... Big track maybe, but the c track would be suicide.

Ok, ok...big track it is...hint hint . Glad to see this group be more positive than some of the peeps on the malvern fb page/post.

Ok, we are going to leave it open to bikes and quads. I think every quad rider in Ohio should be at BC this Saturday but apearantly I am going to make way to many people mad by not giving them the option. As stated above its not so pretty on Facebook.

Ok, we are going to leave it open to bikes and quads. I think every quad rider in Ohio should be at BC this Saturday but apearantly I am going to make way to many people mad by not giving them the option. As stated above its not so pretty on Facebook.

That's too bad because it was a great idea and a nice gesture on your part to try to get more quads and $$$ to the benefit at BC. I still think it will be an awesome turn out at BC. Is it going to be a points race for quads too? I liked Mickley's idea about it being a non points race. I'm going to Briarcliff either way to support the cause.

I only seen a few complaints? I think it was a nice gesture to try but some folks are not in it for practice and or benefits. It is a scheduled point race, I guess I'd a been pissed if we had planned on racing . Good luck to both tracks this weekend! I hope the turnouts pick up at the races. Gonna be warm!

I don't have a dog in this hunt, but i think it was a great idea. It probably would have worked out better had the idea come along before the schedule was made, but I think its a super idea to keep in mind and consider when doing next years schedule.

I think the issue is that prior to the schedule being made, it wasnt really a benefit, just the ohio crew thing at BC. .but now that its a benefit and theres more going on its pulled in more peoples interest.

My original intent was to go to Briarcliff for a few hours, then mosey over to Malvern for the race. However, seeing it is including Tim D's benefit, I will be staying at the Cliff all day.

Crew Fest came out after the schedule was released. Can't keep everyone happy, but oh well.

Draw out up that way next year. Heck, have both events at both venues at opposite points in the year. I think it was a good idea. Of course, I still need to get my schnit together and get up to Malvern... with my bike.

Back