Lets get Smith Road this weekend back to the top!

mx049

PR Elite
Who is in for racing the Smith Road AHRMA race this Saturday & Sunday?

I will be there to spectate both days plus looking forward to seeing everyone & watching the racing as it has been years since I have been to a race track.

Maico Mark

I am riding (note...not "racing" cuz you have to go fast to be designated a racer) both days....

Pre-entry list has been up....only 49 entries for vintage.....I hope Larry gets a lot of post-entry guys to build that up...

http://www.ahrma.org/ahrma_pdfs/Z-2013/Nationals/VMX/Pre_Entries/13_vmx_smith_Enter.htm

PV classes....55..
http://www.ahrma.org/ahrma_pdfs/Z-2013/Nationals/PVMX/Pre_Entries/13_pvmx_smith_Enter.htm

Disappointing numbers since there are/were so many vintage guys around years ago......

see ya there Fortney....we can talk DS bikes...!

Who is in for racing the Smith Road AHRMA race this Saturday & Sunday?

I will be there to spectate both days plus looking forward to seeing everyone & watching the racing as it has been years since I have been to a race track.

Maico Mark

Off to a half mile. Would love to run my home MX track on my cool
vintage bike but they won't let my kid ride and he's a flat tracker. Never
got to show him how cool vintage bikes are because he isn't allowed
to ride them.

You guys have fun.

Off to a half mile. Would love to run my home MX track on my cool
vintage bike but they won't let my kid ride and he's a flat tracker. Never
got to show him how cool vintage bikes are because he isn't allowed
to ride them.

You guys have fun.

Nah, I'm not bitter.

Nah, I'm not bitter.

....ha ha....but I already knew that Mike......

have a blast at the roundy-rounds, live your signature line like you always do....I will miss seeing that mighty XL flying around Smith.......

Yep, headed to Casey this weekend as I've been doing the AMA series. Never been to Casey before, I've heard nothing but good stuff about it.

Bummer to miss all going to Casey but wish all of you good luck as I always had a fun time there!

Smith is also a perfect track for vintage bikes including the Historic class as I had a blast the in 2009 on my 76 Maico 250!!!

AHRMA361 we will have some great bench racing going on as a quite a few former racers will be there also & may have to hit Lager Heads for dinner one night!

I am overly excited to watch seeing it has been way to long since I have gone to watch racing. Wanted to do Mid-Ohio last year but was unable to go for medical reasons.

Maico Mark

I'm a spectator as well although my mode of transport will be vintage,my 250 triumph,see you guys saturday

From AHRMA web page:

Legends of Motocross National MX Series
Race Tech National PVMX Series

June 22-23, 2013

Smith Road
Medina, OH

►June 22, Legends of Motocross National MX Series
►June 23, Race Tech National PVMX Series

Pre-entries close: June 7

Directions—From Exit 218, Interstate 71—Exit onto State route 18 West. Continue to follow OH-18 W for 3.1 miles. Turn RIGHT onto S JEFFERSON ST/OH-18 E/OH-3 N go 0.1 miles. Turn LEFT onto E LIBERTY ST/OH-18 W/ OH-3 S. Continue to follow E LIBERTY ST/OH-18 W for 0.9 miles. Turn LEFT onto S STATE RD go 0.2 miles. Turn RIGHT onto W SMITH RD/CR-4 go 3.1 miles. End at Smith Road Raceway, 6868 W Smith Rd, Medina Ohio, 44256. On left, just past railroad bridge.

Gate Fees—$10 per person per day. Children under 10 free.

Camping allowed—Yes. Primitive. $20 per RV/Tent for the weekend

Concessions—There are bike washes available they are coin operated. The concession stand will be open both days from 6:00 am until the races are completed.

PVMX Schedule—Sat—Sign up—7 am. Mandatory riders meeting—8:30 am, Practice—9 am; racing—10 am.

VMX Schedule—Sun—Sign-up—7 am; mandatory riders meeting—8:30 am; practice—9 am; racing—10 am.

So is Vintage Sat and post vintage Sunday?

►June 22, Legends of Motocross National MX Series
►June 23, Race Tech National PVMX Series

PVMX Schedule—Sat—Sign up—7 am. Mandatory riders meeting—8:30 am, Practice—9 am; racing—10 am.

VMX Schedule—Sun—Sign-up—7 am; mandatory riders meeting—8:30 am; practice—9 am; racing—10 am.

They created some confusion on that one didn't they? That's why I copied and pasted from the AHRMA site page.

I emailed AHRMA for clarrification but got no response.
This was the only race date notice that showed the date conflict, so my guess is it stands, Vintage Saturday, Post Vintage Sunday.

Just a type-"O" I guess.

All loaded up and ready to go. Can't wait to race smith rd. haven't raced on that track in over 35 years. Started out there as a pit racer on a 1969 z50 I got for Christmas in 1969. Just wish my dad was going with me, he loved going racing with me and my brother!

Back