Rain at Smith Rd? ...it was the mud from hell at Casey's PV day!

DTS....thanks for those pictures....I am the Orange Can-Am bike just to the left of Mike Sinclairs green Kawasaki in your start pic....That second pic of the start hill looks like it could have been taken back in 1981.....

X-4 to Freas...hope everything is better for you....

:) it was super fun watching you guys race! I wish I could have been out there too. I have a few more pictures to post once I get access to a computer so I can rotate them.

Enjoy..

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

NQ1965 , hoping the best for you and your family .

" Tom " is the best running MX 250 Yam I've ever seen . Super strong , great sounding motor . Got to watch all of your 2nd moto against the Bultaco . I think he only pulled you because that Bul was hooking up ( which they always seem to do well ) while your suspension was costing you quite a bit in the accel/decel bumps . A set of Ohlins or Works shocks ( $$$$$$ ) in the back and some Race Tech valving up front ( not sure if they make them for your application yet ) will put Tom on equal footing with about anything out there . Nice talking to you and your wife .

Too bad the turnout was so low but there were some really good races . My buddy , BK ( who is as busted up as I am , or worse ) , put two of our young riding friends on a pair of his super clean 400 Maicos .They took 1st and 2nd in their class and first ever vintage race . One is only 19 and the other is 20-something ; neither had ridden a vintage bike until the weekend before . They were pumped up and I think we have a couple of converts !

Need to thank AHRMA361 again for giving me a Husqvarna book signed by Brad Lackey ( whose pic is on the cover ) . Now I forgive him for selling the mighty Hartney/Halffast 1981 Honda CR450R into Italian bondage . =)

Got to see Smitty's awesome little Triumph . Really nice resto . I think a vintage British thumper may be in my future . Have my sites set on a 1974 Triumph Trophy Trail 500 Twin .

Wish I could have stayed for Sunday to bench race with some of the other PR " oldtimers " I missed .

Nancy didn't take many pic's, and just as well that she didn't as I had the camera set for small resolution from taking some parts pic's in the garage to load up to ebay, and I forgot to reset.

Gate shots:
IMG_1891.jpg

IMG_1893.jpg

IMG_1887.jpg

IMG_1884.jpg

IMG_1883.jpg

IMG_1895.jpg

IMG_1894.jpg

And Thank You guys for the well wish's. Funeral service was yesterday, and as you all know, that's when the healing begins.

I love it, decade class grudge race lol, now how about some 50+ riders show up. Starting line has been rather thin so far this season.

Agreed.......More people need to get down to Action and race their GP.
I'm not sure that all tracks have their GP courses laid out like the Action Sports crew does it but having a wide woods path makes all the difference in the world to my son and I. Gives it a whole different feel than a CC or Hare Scramble. Love racing through the woods, but hate dodging trees, nasty creek crossings, or ridiculous hill climbs.

And you get a lot of riding/Racing for your money.

And I got that feeling that KO has been on a slow burn for a while and is itch'n to throw down the thunder! :)

Agreed.......More people need to get down to Action and race their GP.
I'm not sure that all tracks have their GP courses laid out like the Action Sports crew does it but having a wide woods path makes all the difference in the world to my son and I. Gives it a whole different feel than a CC or Hare Scramble. Love racing through the woods, but hate dodging trees, nasty creek crossings, or ridiculous hill climbs.

And you get a lot of riding/Racing for your money.

And I got that feeling that KO has been on a slow burn for a while and is itch'n to throw down the thunder! :)

That's exactly right. I've always disliked hare scrambles because of the too tight trees, nasty creek crossing/mud bogs, and various other bike/body destroying obstacles. The Action Sports and Fast Traxx GP's are like long natural terrain MX tracks with nearly an hour of riding per session. I know a lot of MXer's roll their eyes and think "woods race", but I really do think most would have a good time at them. I can only think of 1 MX riding friend that I have got to go to a GP who didn't like it, and he was more of a faircross rider.

So, come on out and try one out guys, you will probably like it.

NQ and KO....what classes do you 2 guys ride down at Action Sports? Is it a regular 50+ class or some sort of old bike class. What kinda bikes do you end up riding whatever class it is you do?

I had planned on going to the one on 7/14 with a friend from work but something came up in his schedule and now he can't go. I'd like to still go, but not sure if I should ride some class on my 84 RM or some other class on my KTM 300. Thoughts on that?

NQ and KO....what classes do you 2 guys ride down at Action Sports? Is it a regular 50+ class or some sort of old bike class. What kinda bikes do you end up riding whatever class it is you do?

I had planned on going to the one on 7/14 with a friend from work but something came up in his schedule and now he can't go. I'd like to still go, but not sure if I should ride some class on my 84 RM or some other class on my KTM 300. Thoughts on that?

NQ is a kid and rides 40+ and I'll be a "golden master" next season but I'm 50+ for now. You can download the classes and times here... http://www.actionsportsracing.com/grand_prix_schedule.pdf I'll probably ride at 11:00 in the decade class for the rest the year on some old bike and at 3:00 in the 50+. There are vintage and PV classes at 11:00 but I'm usually the only rider there with a bike older than a decade bike. The open class is a catch all class at 11:00. I've ridden that too on a modern bike.

The Action Sports GP race has been a great opportunity for me keep the shellac blowed out on my 98 CR250. And I run it in both Decade and afternoon 40+ class.

I have a super tight clutch pull issue that I have to tear into and resolve on it before next weekend if I can. (Badly notched basket fingers I suspect). If I don't get the bike work done on the CR, then I will bring down my 2003 YZ250 and race it in both class's.

Mark actually represents us well in typically being the sole Vintage bike racer there, and then even more unique on his more modern Husky 360 in the afternoon.
I just give the other Bomber class riders someone to tangle with in the first turn.

Back