Another Boot Question

BigYac

PR Member
I have large calves and have gotten longer straps for my Tech 8's which helped but lately I've been taking a look at the shortie type boots, specifically the Alpinestar Tech 2's. Has anyone here tried them and what did you think? Would these boots be ok for some harescrambles or light moto use? Thanks.

That's risky i'd say......You're risking major ankle injury. I'd say You'll be able to roll your foot....Just due to the constant movement in mx/harescrambles I wouldn't think that would be a good idea.....

Not 100% sure though....I haven't tried wearing them, so I can only speculate....who has a pair?

Hopefully you don't have cankles.... I wouldn't want to ride in those low boots myself. I'd stick to the big boots. --L*64

You may want to try and take your 'Stars to a reputable shoe maker or leather shop where they can add mterial to make them fit better. My GF is just wearing the old Fox Forma boots she has been wearing. Her issue is unresolved.

It would be cool if they did with MX boots what they do with ice skating boots. They take a mold of your foot and ankle, then build the boot around that. Maybe somebody should go into the biz of making custom riding boots. --L*64

I am on my second pair of Alpinestar Tech 2's and like them a lot for road riding and pit bike /play riding. They are better then work boots for ankle protection and not to bad walking around in off the bike. The lack of shin protection is a problem when you are in the woods and a rock, tree or foot peg hits your shin. I guess you could use knee pads with shin gaurds and short boots.
I never had any problems with the buckles on my Alpinstars but the buckles on my sons Thors were JUNK. I looked at the Fox shortys but they just dont look as tough as the Alpinestars.

Back