Strongest 450 motor???

YAMAHA. They have the best valves around. My is o8 and the valves are still in spect. Never been adjusted.

If your going for power, get a Ktm (I saw that they had the most power out of any 450 out there in a magazine) but reliability I'd choose Yamaha.

While i cant answer it from experiance, everyone raves that the kaw has a very potent 450 motor. Then the ktm.

06 07 08 Honda. Still has carb and made great power all the way threw bottom to top. Fuel injection doesn't get good till about 2010 or 2011 IMO. All the new 450 fi bikes are pretty good now.

I still ride an 05 RMZ450 and my motor has never been apart and valves have hardly ever change since new.
It has been a heck of a motor and never a problem
just put a new plug in it this past weekend when i change oil and cleaned the airfilter.
That was still the original sparkplug

Same Here owned Honda all my life.Last two bikes have been KX.
No problems at all. Best power band in the class. All 4 stroke motors last forever just change the oil and air.

The strongest 450 motor is without a doubt the '03 YZ450F. Yamaha has been detuning their 450 ever since.

746 is right, I remember reading about this and I had rode one before. They were so powerful back then it was hard to handle.

I'd take my '02 426 motor and put it in a Suzuki chassis for sure, my 426 was redicilously powerful, and Suzukis handle the best

Back