Southwick Spoiler

loneranger171

PR Addict
Awesome day of racing. Dare I say one of the best seasons ever to watch. RDlooked really fast but RV was smoking. Another classic Bubba crash. The 250 class to me is the best to watch

Spagina

PR Elite
Definitely some good racing... That wreck James had was hard. Yeah I know I know all he does is wreck but damn, that was a good one. RV was a machine coming through the pack, as was Eli on the 250... I see him being a force in 2015 if not sooner, on a 450.

Kudos to dowd and also Metcalfe... He made a lot of factory boys out their tail between their legs.

Durham started in 36th then 34th and went what, 13-11? Dude needs a start, because that's pretty impressive... Needs to start up front and get used to that pace and he can do some serious work.

Spagina

PR Elite
I think there will be factory support as long as he wants it. Yes, he is terribly inconsistent and wrecks a ton but there are other contributing factors. This past weekend he was the fastest qualifier. He then led a moto for a good while before eating it. The wreck was then shown multiple times and talked about on every website. Not all publicity has to be good. He is unquestionably the most talked about racer in history. He has podiumed this year and shown that he is still faster than most people on the track when he can put it together (RV and Dungey the exception). With guys like Tickle, Weimer, Brayton, Grant, etc all with good rides, i dont see him being without one. He has more talent in one arm than they do in their whole body... The factories do want guys who win races, but they also want guys who get their posters and stickers on the wall, that have a following... Stewart has that.

I'm not saying this is all logical, i'm just calling it how i see it from a marketing standpoint.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Even though the top 2 are ahead of everyone else, I think it's great that in 6 races so far this season, we have 3 Overall wins for each of the Ryan's and the points battle is still less than a moto of points. They are racing each other really for the title and trying to get as many other riders in between them as possible in any given moto. I do wish some other people could challenge for the lead, but glad that we're seeing them battle week in and week out.

The 250's is where the real fun is with many riders that can challenge for the front on any given day. Although it's becoming a 2 horse race in this series too, I don't think any of these riders are really out of yet in the top 5. Seems that these guys still could have a totally blown moto at almost any time and have a 25 point swing in points. Tomac and Roczen are the cream of the class, but Baggett, Musquin, and Osborne can easily win as well without much of a surprise. Throw in a blown motor on a 250F (not that crazy of an idea) for a moto or 2 and lose 50 points and this series can really still go any which way.

RED BUD is always home to some great racing so I can't wait to see what happens this coming weekend.

Judnash

PR Addict
I cant see Stewy having a ride for to many more years, with with performances like hes been showing..

exactly! suzuki is probably looking at other riders as i type this, i dunno whats stewarts deal is but he needs to get over it. isnt his suzuki contract only through 2013? i hate to see him struggle.

John250

PR Founding Father
RV and RD are the cream of the crop for sure, and a notch of speed faster than everyone. Their conditioning is also exceptional compared to everyone else. Great racing. The guys in 3rd through 15th seem to mix it up from week to week. Many guys having some great races.

The 250s......Tomac looks awesome, and Roczen is great too. I still look for Raczen to be there at the end of the season for the championship. The 250 class is flat out fun to watch for sure! KTM almost pulled off the double for overalls in for the last southwick national.

Bubba......man, it is Bubba being Bubba. He has don't it all year in SX and MX. Fastest man in practice, fastest man in qualifying, fast man in his heat races (SX), and in the mains or motos........well, not so good. I was watching him lead the 1st moto, and it was like we knew he would eventually being taking a soil sample. If you watch the video, and see the angle from behind, I think his mechanic was giving him a signal from the side of the track as he came around that section. I am sure it distracted him for a brief moment, because at those speeds, you know and small distraction and you lose your concentration. Or right about the 36 second mark, there is a camera man on the left side of the track in front of him.....could he had been thinking that the guy was getting ready to run across the track?? I am sure that's what it was for sure.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_0rhD4vR1OY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>