Chillitown MX Battle Weekend- MX Yard Sale

Chilli Town MX

PR Addict
One of the activities we have decided to have on our next race weekend is a MX Yard Sale. We are asking that everyone that plans on attending bring their old MX items that they want to get rid of and set up in their pits to sell those items. We want to have one big massive motocross yard sale where everyone can make some money and find items at discounted prices.

We plan to make it fun for those that choose to participate by giving prizes for things like the biggest pit sale, most creative advertising, etc.

So spread the word. We want to make this a hit. With the prices of our sport increasing every year we need a way to make things affordable and this is one way we can help each other.

So be sure to come on out to CTMX July 13th and 14th for some good riding and racing and maybe even a bargin or two while you are at it.

We would prefer you only bring moto related items. What did you have in mind? The idea is to make this a community thing where we can get a lot of folk joining in buying, selling and trading MX goods to help each other. We all like to be thrifty and we think this is a good way to help us all save some money.

Yard sale! that would bring in some extra spectators in some parts, if word got out on that.

I have some YZ parts, and kids gear I am going to bring. Will sell anything I have cheap just so it disappears. Anyone actually want stock steel bars? I have about 10 sets, all brand new. Why do I keep this stuff, I will never use it.

Yard sale! that would bring in some extra spectators in some parts, if word got out on that.

I have some YZ parts, and kids gear I am going to bring. Will sell anything I have cheap just so it disappears. Anyone actually want stock steel bars? I have about 10 sets, all brand new. Why do I keep this stuff, I will never use it.

They must be pretty old. YZ's stopped coming with steel bars some time ago...lol

Great idea on the yard sale!

Yeah the are old........And every time I see them, I wonder why they are not in my Rumpke trash can. I had probably 20 new YZ 250s, and all of them had the bars taken off as soon as they rolled in the garage.

Again, we want to get as many people participating as possible so we would love to hear everyones ideas on prize catagories. I think biggest yard sale should be one, most creative advertising could be another, maybe a few other catagories like top salesman just to make it fun. Lets hear it...the Pitracer gang always has the best ideas.

Again, we want to get as many people participating as possible so we would love to hear everyones ideas on prize catagories. I think biggest yard sale should be one, most creative advertising could be another, maybe a few other catagories like top salesman just to make it fun. Lets hear it...the Pitracer gang always has the best ideas.

Perhaps an award for the oldest complete set of moto gear that has no holes rips or tears; pants jersey gloves.

killer idea! if i can somehow make it down, i could fill the bed of my truck with gear lol.

john, i had a set of steel bars on a brand new 99 yz 125 that was a practice bike. they made 105 recorded hours before i wadded them up. lol

Hopefully people actually do some swapping, and it doesn't turn out like an old antique show...lol

Check out this gem that i'm putting in my MX yard sale pit....

JT.jpg

For those that have been asking, there is NOT a charge for setting up a yard sale in your pit. We are encouraging as many people as possible to bring their items and have fun with this. I have been going through all of my boys old stuff and didn't realize how much stuff we had. I'm ready to make a deal. Anybody with young kids ages 5-10 years old come to the #321 Easter pits and see what all we have. I have a lot of kids gear that needs to go...priced cheap!!!

....and no fighting over the sweet hot pink chest protector I have pictured above...lol

For those that have been asking, there is NOT a charge for setting up a yard sale in your pit. We are encouraging as many people as possible to bring their items and have fun with this. I have been going through all of my boys old stuff and didn't realize how much stuff we had. I'm ready to make a deal. Anybody with young kids ages 5-10 years old come to the #321 Easter pits and see what all we have. I have a lot of kids gear that needs to go...priced cheap!!!

....and no fighting over the sweet hot pink chest protector I have pictured above...lol
I want the kids gear. And I am leaving with the pink JT chest protector that is a must have

Back