Smartcarb, Saving 2-Stroke MX?

SCHAFFERNOCKER

PR Addict
Ok, before everyone gets all hyped up. Two-Strokes are already phased out, and the factory teams will never move back to a 2-stroke engine. But, could this Smartcarb be what we need on 2-stroke engines and allow the big 5 to start producing them again?

I dont know too much about engine building, emission laws, why two-strokes orignally phased out in the first place? But, I was doing some searching online and ran across this APT Smartcarb. It seems to me in a nutshell, that it basically always allows a perfect air/fuel mixture.

So what do you guys think or know?

http://www.powerapt.com/Features.php

Ok, before everyone gets all hyped up. Two-Strokes are already phased out, and the factory teams will never move back to a 2-stroke engine. But, could this Smartcarb be what we need on 2-stroke engines and allow the big 5 to start producing them again?

I dont know too much about engine building, emission laws, why two-strokes orignally phased out in the first place? But, I was doing some searching online and ran across this APT Smartcarb. It seems to me in a nutshell, that it basically always allows a perfect air/fuel mixture.

So what do you guys think or know?

http://www.powerapt.com/Features.php

When its comes to government, banning is the goal, and pollution is only the most convenient excuse. You could make a 2 stroke run just as clean as 4 stroke before, but even if you managed no emissions at all, they would never backtracka decision. Once the government bans something, its gone forever. Those people who push all these overly green laws don't want you riding off of pavement, even if its an electric wheelchair, and they don't give up their victories just because you've effectively addressed the last excuse.

When its comes to government, banning is the goal, and pollution is only the most convenient excuse. You could make a 2 stroke run just as clean as 4 stroke before, but even if you managed no emissions at all, they would never backtracka decision. Once the government bans something, its gone forever. Those people who push all these overly green laws don't want you riding off of pavement, even if its an electric wheelchair, and they don't give up their victories just because you've effectively addressed the last excuse.

Not true, prohibition ... I enjoyed a few BudLight Platinums last night after Smith Road!

How about fuel injection? Like a YZ/CR500AF FI
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Y91Jms6MyCY?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have been watching these for a while. There is a lot if info on KTM talk about them. I will have one in he future. There are several other companies that make a similar product out there but I like some of. The features this has. Once it is set up no need to rejet for environmental changes. This will be a nice addition to my 300 SXS.

Just rode my 2 stroke last night for some fun, and it was jetted a little rich for the humidity yesterday on the bottom. I, of course, didn't want to mess with jetting since I only had a few hours to ride and just enjoyed if for what it is. A carb that would adjust for the conditions and burn better, provide more power, and better fuel economy on a 2 stroke would be really nice!

When did the Govt ban them? It was an industry excuse not the Govt. for once. That was a rumor and the big guys wanted to produce 4 strokes to make more money. You can still buy new 2 strokes from KTM, Yamaha, Gas Gas, Husqvarna, TM and Im sure others here in the USA.

The new tm300 is so sweet. Already blinged out from the production line. Anyone know how much these carbs are gonna cost?

When did the Govt ban them? It was an industry excuse not the Govt. for once. That was a rumor and the big guys wanted to produce 4 strokes to make more money. You can still buy new 2 strokes from KTM, Yamaha, Gas Gas, Husqvarna, TM and Im sure others here in the USA.

How long do you think they will be permitted to continue? You'll notice that 2 stroke ATVs were banned along with most lawn and garden equipent, and the few bikes that remain fall under a narrow definition of "for competition only". They stopped making 4 stroke ATVs from Japan by 1990 except for Yamaha who will hold onto their 2 stroke bikes to teh end, but they can see the writing on the wall, and know its coming.

Back