Chillitown Battle for Ohio Round II July 13-14th

The Mack is ready for travel, getting picked up in the AM. Jason and I are watering in it this weekend, it's time to take the epic maker to new pastures.

The Mack is ready for travel, getting picked up in the AM. Jason and I are watering in it this weekend, it's time to take the epic maker to new pastures.

Bring sum BC dirt with you too Jeremy! Whats that stuff goin for now? Bout 200 an oz? See ya there!!

Im amazed at the amount of promoting going on for this southern round! I think JO has found his match and then some!

Another race going on in the southern ohio MX series that day also. I tried to suggest that they move that race forward a week or back a week (both open weeks), back in the early spring. The promoter at dirt country are great MX people, and deserve to have a great race......but I am afraid a lot of people are headed to chilitown. Not all.........some want the free stuff at the end of the SW series so they will be at those races.

Chilitown has done a great PR job. I am sure if this race is big, the same will happen at BC. If weather had not been iffy at Malvern they probably would have had another 50 riders.

I heard they have spent a lot of time in the cab of a machine making changes at Chillitown. The first turn isn't as far up the hill as it was, and it is wider with a bowl turn. The crazy eights are gone, replaced with big rollers. The first 800' of the track is super wide, like 40' to allow people to spread out. Downhill triple has a way safer double landing, somewhere around 7 hours of pushing to make the double landing bigger. They took a couple lanes out in the middle to unkink the middle of the track and make it wider and less one-lined. Sounds like the flow should be better to me. They are working on a go pro, and will post as soon as they can possibly do it.

I heard they have spent a lot of time in the cab of a machine making changes at Chillitown. The first turn isn't as far up the hill as it was, and it is wider with a bowl turn. The crazy eights are gone, replaced with big rollers. The first 800' of the track is super wide, like 40' to allow people to spread out. Downhill triple has a way safer double landing, somewhere around 7 hours of pushing to make the double landing bigger. They took a couple lanes out in the middle to unkink the middle of the track and make it wider and less one-lined. Sounds like the flow should be better to me. They are working on a go pro, and will post as soon as they can possibly do it.

I talk to a guy from chillitown up at Malvern Friday night I think his name was john sorry im not good with names gave him some thoughts on the triple and some other spots on the track so glad people listen look so forward to this weekend a bunch of us will be pulling in tomorrow evening the party will be at the top of the hill

I talk to a guy from chillitown up at Malvern Friday night I think his name was john sorry im not good with names gave him some thoughts on the triple and some other spots on the track so glad people listen look so forward to this weekend a bunch of us will be pulling in tomorrow evening the party will be at the top of the hill

Dont forget to tip your water truck driver!!

Sounds shorter?

Have fun everyone. I'll be lucky to ride this weekend. Getting back from a long vacation in addition to taking your bike to do some riding will do that to ya. Not always, but sometimes. Sounds like it's going to be a sweet weekend in Chilitown.... :)

Have fun everyone. I'll be lucky to ride this weekend. Getting back from a long vacation in addition to taking your bike to do some riding will do that to ya. Not always, but sometimes. Sounds like it's going to be a sweet weekend in Chilitown.... :)

Oh no you didn't, this the battle! Get geared up and ride!!!!!

Going anywhere but chillitown tomorrow will be a mistake everyone will regret. The track will be good, the competition will be there, tons of people there already. Good times lie ahead.

Back