Motorcycle Convoy to Loretta's (Just to watch)

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Thinking about riding the bike to Loretta's this year to watch a few days. Anyone up for a nice ride? Leave Tuesday or Wednesday and come back Friday or Saturday??? For sure going to have to stop at the Makers Mark distillery and do some quality control testing.
Who wants to go?

Well........I have been vigorously harley shopping the last few weeks. I'm set on two right now, I'll have one by the time Loretta's comes around.

Crute will your victory be ready? Let's take a ride.....

Crute's bike will be in the trailer & he will be sleeping in the back of Dave's truck before you even get out of Ohio!

So, what do you think? Meet in Cincinnati and ride together from there? Would be cool if we can get 20 or 30 bikes. Make a lap around Kentucky Speedway, samples at Makers Mark, Tour the Corvette plant, Diner in Nashville then drink beer and watch guys sweating their ass off at the Ranch. Moto Vacation. Damn I need this.

Sounds cool......I just don't have the bike to haul any thing! So would definitely need the chase vehicle. Where would everyone stay? What days?

Sounds cool......I just don't have the bike to haul any thing! So would definitely need the chase vehicle. Where would everyone stay? What days?
I would say leave Wednesday morning around 10 from Cincinnati, it is a 5:30 hour ride from there. Where to stay? Hell, we will figure that out when we get there. Stay for a few days and head home. Nothing really scheduled, just hang out, watch some racing and do some serious bench racing. Just think how much faster we will be (or where) then the guys racing there that week...
I'm sure we can get a chase vehicle. Just as long as its not my wife.

yeah,
I just looked at the cost to get in each day....damn if you camp, have an extra car and a pit vehicle, your paying $540 just for all that. Not sure if the family members need passes, etc. Registration, transponders, etc add to that.

For spectators it is $30 a day for a car load.....$10 per day for a bike to come in......neither allowed to drive into camping areas.

Saw you can rent a golf cart for a week.......any where from $535 to $735 a week to rent a cart........wow. Talk about someone making some money on golf carts!

A guy at Malvern said his buddy rented a freight liner toy hauler motor home to go to a regional......something like $3000 grand for the week. That's pretty steep.

Ride a motorcycle in. Its the best deal (if you can call it a deal). Park the motorhome or car at the exit ramp there is a camp ground there. Then you can be my "bitch on the back" Last year I rode around to the back exit and got in for free... damn I should not have said that. I'm sure the Coombs Goons are reviewing this posting.
I will then just ride back to Nashville and get a room. Its only an hour back to town. Hey, I'm on a motorcycle, I don't mind riding more.

I just checked, and the ranch is around 6 hours one way from where I'll be staying. Doubtful you'll see me durn it. Sounds like a fun trip.

Just do it!

Back