Action Sports SUNDAY July 14th

ActionSports

PR Addict
Round 4 of the 2013 Action Sports GP Championship is SUNDAY, JuLY 14TH. This weekend's weather is showing sunny skies and warm temperatures, shaping up for what will be another exciting weekend of racing.

Also head over to www.LoneWolfeMotoCast.com to check out each session from Round 1 of the 2013 season. Click on the media page to view the videos.

Mark your calendars for the 2013 Athens County Enduro X, Wednesday August 7th at the Athens County Fair. For more information go to www.KBEnduro.com.

Make sure to Like us at Facebook.com/ActionSportsRacing, Follow us on Twitter @ActionSportsMX, and join the mailing list for the latest racing news. For race info head to www.ActionSportsRacing.com

See you at the races!

Drew, Kyle and Ryan Wolfe
Action Sports Promotions

Round 4 of the 2013 Action Sports GP Championship is TOMORROW, JULY 14TH. The weather is showing warm temperatures and sunny skies. Combine that with the rain the last three weeks and the course is going to be in great shape for tomorrow's racing. This is a race you don't want to miss.

We are AMA sanctioned this year, and for everyone that has not been to Action Sports this year and has not purchased an AMA card, there are more options than just the $49 membership. There is a family membership good for up to 5 people for $98, a youth membership for riders up to 11 years old for $29, and also a one event membership for $20.

For more information about all of these memberships go to http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com..._Documents/OrganizerNews_0513_web_s.sflb.ashx.

Also head over to www.LoneWolfeMotoCast.com to check out each session from Round 1 of the 2013 season. Click on the media page to view the videos.

Mark your calendars for the 2013 Athens County Enduro X, Wednesday August 7th at the Athens County Fair. For more information go to www.KBEnduro.com.

Make sure to Like us at Facebook.com/ActionSportsRacing, Follow us on Twitter @ActionSportsMX, and join the mailing list for the latest racing news. For race info head to www.ActionSportsRacing.com

See you at the races!

Drew, Kyle and Ryan Wolfe
Action Sports Promotions
www.ActionSportsRacing.com

Awesome racing and Thank You again to the Action Sports Crew.
Track was great, event run very well as usual, and good company in the pits.

Dirty smiles ear to ear and can't wait for the next one.

Awesome racing and Thank You again to the Action Sports Crew.
Track was great, event run very well as usual, and good company in the pits.

Dirty smiles ear to ear and can't wait for the next one.

Limber Mike was one the gas!

Drew discovered that his Trail 90 actually needs gas.

Also on the gas was jeffro667 but left driving a big truck that doesn't use gas.

And as usual the Action Sports GP really was a real gas!

I just finished reading the thread from the OMA Chillitown National MX Extravaganza, and it sure makes me glad I did the GP instead.
I love motocross, and yet it seems like GP racing "is" most everything that the MX guys are wanting but they're not seeing it.

Very limited number of class's, lots of great race action, lots of rider seat time, and back home as early as you'd like to be, all at a reasonable price.
And once the rider is familiar with the course, you can open her up and scream that bike as fast as you can ride it.

When my second race was over yesterday, I had a feeling of complete satisfaction. I had one hour of hard core race action,(2 hours between my two class's) against very worthy opponants who gave me a challenge right to the checkers. We gave all we had, and raced hard to the end. And very pleased with the results.

I think if more tracks would develope motocross based GP courses, and run their events as Action Sports does it would help revitalize amateur and vet racing again.

I was looking forward to going this weekend and taking my KTM.

BUT... then the storm we had towards the end of the week took down several trees at our place. One of the trees is BIG and needed my tractor to pull large limbs to the burn pile, Unfortunately, the tractor was left parked in a spot where water flooded the thing bad. I spent the weekend cleaning up storm damage and trying to get my old 8N running...still not done!

I just finished reading the thread from the OMA Chillitown National MX Extravaganza, and it sure makes me glad I did the GP instead.
I love motocross, and yet it seems like GP racing "is" most everything that the MX guys are wanting but they're not seeing it.

Very limited number of class's, lots of great race action, lots of rider seat time, and back home as early as you'd like to be, all at a reasonable price.
And once the rider is familiar with the course, you can open her up and scream that bike as fast as you can ride it.

When my second race was over yesterday, I had a feeling of complete satisfaction. I had one hour of hard core race action,(2 hours between my two class's) against very worthy opponants who gave me a challenge right to the checkers. We gave all we had, and raced hard to the end. And very pleased with the results.

I think if more tracks would develope motocross based GP courses, and run their events as Action Sports does it would help revitalize amateur and vet racing again.

I think that pretty well sums it up. I hope the OMA GP track owners make it to some Action Sports or Fast Traxx GP's and have similar track layouts and programs. The absolute best bang for the buck in racing imo.

motox37 moving on, as usual. I was impressed with how that 300 KTM was romping up the big hill.

Hey, I have nothing against GP. I would love to run a few events. BUT. GP today is how MX was. Lots of seat time, home early and at good price. Just wish MX would go back to that. Having a "bark" encounter at third gear tapped is a slight downer.

Hey, I have nothing against GP. I would love to run a few events. BUT. GP today is how MX was. Lots of seat time, home early and at good price. Just wish MX would go back to that. Having a "bark" encounter at third gear tapped is a slight downer.

Today's GP schedule is even better than MX was. Arrive just for your session, sign up, race and leave if you like. Or stay around and race some more. And the track is nice and wide so most of the "bark" encounters involve the crisp sound of a 2-stroke in the woods.

Some pic's Nancy took:
Act 7-14-D.jpg

act 7-14-E.jpg

Act 7-14-C.jpg

Part of Decade Class
Act 7-14-B.jpg

Act 7-14-A.jpg

More:

After a hard start, Mark Cales chased me down and then tracked me for a couple laps. Made his move then I spent rest of race chasing him. After 45+ minutes of racing, 7 seconds separated us at the checkered flag. Hell of a race.
Act 7-14-O.jpg

Act 7-14-N.jpg

This racer got a little loose on the start, shortly afterward made a clean pass on me, and then had a hard wipe-out over small jump with right hand turn. Never saw him again.
Act 7-14-M.jpg

Act 7-14-L.jpg

Act 7-14-K.jpg

And More:

Act 7-14-T.jpg

Act 7-14-S.jpg

These 3 pic's shows how tight we ran for quite a distance before Jeffro took the lead and then left me and Mark to battle to the finish.
Act 7-14-R.jpg

Act 7-14-Q.jpg

Act 7-14-P.jpg

Act 7-14-U.jpg

Act 7-14-V.jpg

This last photo, you see me cowering down as KO started hitting me with his hat for running away with another win in the Decade Class. He just couldn't see the humor in it. All I remember is hearing him calling me "You Yoga stretching Limber SOB!!!" :) :) :)
Act 7-14-X.jpg

NQ...the pictures look like it is basically the same track as the AMA HS course....but is it without the tight woods section?...Drew has an awesome place there....just wish it was about 1.5 hours closer...

Too bad tracks up north don't put some GP's on......the Action Sports events are sweet.....

Yea, it's the same course. They actually skipped the tight section directly south of the staging area Sunday.

There is a few small short sections that are somewhat tighter, but you certainly don't require bark busters. And then most of the wooded areas are quite wide and fast with a lot of elevation changes and twisties. You can make a pass on a rider most anywhere on the course I believe.

And you're correct, we need more of these. We'll see how OMA does with it this Fall?

Back